The Day the Music Died

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
We wanted to let everyone know that Casey Crescenzo will no longer be a member of The Receiving End of Sirens. Obviously, many factors, personal and creative, were involved in this decision. However, we wish Casey the best in his future endeavors. Currently he is writing for, and fixing to record, the debut record for his solo project, The Dear Hunter. Look for an EP to hit stores this summer with the album following next year, both on Triple Crown Records. Check it out, if you get the chance: http://www.thedearhunter.com

We, The Receiving End of Sirens: Alex, Brendan, Nate, & Andrew, will continue on touring, writing new music, and doing everything else that we have come to love, value, and cherish through our experiences in this band. Be sure to catch us on our upcoming Canadian tour with Boys Night Out and our summer tour with Circa Survive! Our good friend Ross will be filling on guitar until we find a replacement.

We're also heading to the UK this fall with Fightstar! Stay tuned for more info on that.

The Receiving End Of Sirens
------------------

My favorite singer just left the band that made my favorite album. This fucking sucks. The only thing keeping me somewhat happy right now is knowing that I saw them 2 weeks ago, which was one of their last shows. Casey was sick and they were still unbelievable.
Be on the lookout for The Dear Hunter because the demo is amazing.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
The good news is, Ross from As Cities Burn is taking Casey's spot in the band.
They have a track on the "Songs Inspired by Superman Returns" sdtk., still with Casey, and are going to be on tour in 2 weeks with Circa Survive.

The Dear Hunter EP comes out Sept. 26th

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
From what I heard of it The Dear Hunter EP should be tight. I have been listening to The Receiving End of Sirens a lot lately. Between The Heart And The Synapse is an amazing album and I can listen to it front to back.

Buzz how is their S/T EP? Does it have different songs or is it songs that are on Between...? Also do they have any demos out that are worth checking out? Thanks in advance bro.

Nuttkace

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol, man... Shoulda went on Fleethefactory.com awhile ago while I was ranting about them. A month ago the webmaster erased all the old media. Lemme dig some shit up.
Oh, ironic #1. They had an original singer for their first few songs, and he bailed after they got the record deal. Hence "Dead Men Tell No Tales". Their first singer was a guy named Ben, who was replaced by Casey, who is now replaced by Ross.

EDIT
http://rapidshare.de/files/22413758/Dear_Ms._Leading__Demos_.rar.html
If that doesnt work let me know, thats the link to DL the Dear Hunter demo. Casey told us that not a single song from the demo is going to be on the "The Lake South, The River North EP". The Ep is also going to be accompanied with a childrens book, explaining the story of a young man who falls in love with a hooker. Check out the Dear Hunter purevolume page to hear "Ms. Terry", which will be on the EP

Fuck, I cant get the media for the older albums. If you have any DL software check out "The Race", "Vertigo Unconciousness", "Shirtsleeves", "Bell, Book & Candle"... And then Casey's first song, "The Art of Subversion"