Spaced (Simon Pegg's TV show)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Tim Bisley (Pegg) and Daisy Steiner (Stevenson) are two London twenty-somethings who meet by chance in a cafe while both are flat-hunting. Despite barely knowing each other, they conspire to pose as a young professional couple in order to meet the requisites of an advertisement for a relatively cheap flat in the distinctive building at 23 Meteor Street, Tufnell Park, which is owned by and also houses the landlady, Marsha Klein (Julia Deakin). Also in the building is Brian Topp (Mark Heap), an eccentric conceptual artist who lives and works on his various pieces in the ground floor flat. Frequent visitors are Tim's best friend, Mike Watt (Nick Frost) who ends up becoming a lodger after Marsha's daughter Amber "flies the nest", and Daisy's best friend, Twist Morgan (Katy Carmichael).

The series largely concerns the colourful and surreal adventures of Tim and Daisy as they navigate through life, decide on what they want to do with their lives, come to terms with affairs of the heart, and try to figure out new and largely unproductive ways of killing time. Tim and Daisy repeatedly stress that they aren't a couple to everyone but Marsha, but despite (or because of) this, romantic tension develops between them, particularly during the second series.

The central comedic conceit of the series is that it portrays the rather ordinary lives of Daisy and Tim using overblown Hollywood blockbuster clichés.
This show was fucking hilarious. Only two seasons and 14 episodes total sadly though.

I own the DVD but now you can watch the complete series on Hulu for free.

http://www.hulu.com/spaced

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
That show is fucking hilarious. I never knew about until my friend played the first season for me one day. I'll probably grab the DVD's myself.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
^^^ The two seasons come in one box set. I think I got mine for like $30 a month or so after it came out in the states so it might be even cheaper now.

I've watched the series about five times all the way through since picking it up.