Some Hip-Hop Shows if You Are In the LA, Oxnard, or Santa Barbara Area

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
This is from one of my homies at school. He has some tight shit. Come out and support one of the shows if you are able to. Read on for further details.

This letter is to notify everyone of 2 major things:

1) I have recently released a Brand New Album. It is very strong in musical character and in content. It is mainly a Rap Poetics hip-hop album borrowing musical elements from Reggae and Latin. It is similar to my first album, but much stronger, not only in content but production quality. There are reflective tracks and hype tracks, but always conscious. It has 16 tracks on it and the group name is: meta-4n-thought (album title: 4shadows). I am selling it for $10 and would not be doing so, if I didn’t believe it was VERY worth buying. I would appreciate the support greatly and I wanted to promote the album to the community before it drops in stores. If you are interested in getting one, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get it to you at your most convenience.

2) I have a series of PHAT! Shows coming up in the Los Angeles area where I think many people would enjoy themselves. They are of all different types, so I have broken them down into categories and hopefully you can attend the one that is most appealing to you.

For All My True Hip-Hop Heads into the underground Scene, Peep this… One song off my new album has made it to a Hip-Hop Compilation CD with 15 other artists. It is entitled: No Idea Compilation. To promote the CD all across the West Coast there are numerous shows and performances in various clubs and community centers where myself and all the other artists will be performing each with a dope set of at least 30 minutes. These shows are for you:

· Saturday Nov 9 (8-1pm): This is the BIG ONE! ALBUM RELEASE PARTY. This is in Oxnard, one hour North of Los Angeles. This will be a tight event with b-boys, music, and booths. For direction go to: www.1312.org.

· Thursday Nov 14 (8-12pm). This is at a place called J.U.I.C.E. Community Center. It is a center in Los Angeles bringing Hip hop to inner city kids. It has sessions and teaches them about breaking, dj’ing, mc’ing, and graffiti art.

· Saturday Nov. 16 (8-12pm). This is at a place called The Living Room. It is also a community center promoting the arts. This Show is in Santa Barbara. For directions you can go on the internet and look up The Living Room.

For all the Poets, Writers, Spoken Word Fans,etc…
I am currently traveling with a group of poets called the Back-Street Poets. The Back-Street Poets are headed by a women named Ronni who has dedicated her life to writing and spreading poetry through herself and others. The spoken word shows are very intimate and even exciting to attend. Currently we are traveling around to many college universities, but also Ronni’ has been contacted by: The Comedy Store (on Sunset, across the street from the House of Blues) to bring her show there on the last Wednesday of every month.

· Wedenesday Oct. 30 (8:30-11:00pm). This is going to be a hype poetry show with a DJ inbetween poets (my brother: Dr. Dean) and live music to back the poets up. It is at the world famous Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd. And you must be at least 21 (bring i.d.) to attend.

· Wednesday Nov. 27 (8:30-11:00pm). This is going to be a hype poetry show with a DJ inbetween poets (my brother: Dr. Dean) and live music to back the poets up. It is at the world famous Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd. And you must be at least 21 (bring i.d.) to attend.

THESE VENUES ARE FOR EVERYBODY!!!! MUST GO!! LIVE MUSIC FROM HIP-HOP/REGGAE/LATIN. ALL THE FUNCTIONS WILL BE HYPE DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU LIKE, BUT IF I HAD TO GUARANTEE A SHOW-THESE WOULD BE THE NIGHTS!!!

· Wed. Nov. 13 (8:30-11:00pm). This show is at the backroom of The Lion’s Den at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. It will be a packed performance with limited space but the band and I will tear that place down!!! So please come and enjoy! FREE

· Saturday. Nov. 23 (9:00pm-2am!!). THIS IS AN ALBUM RELEASE PARTY FOR MY ALBUM. It is going to be at the world famous club: THE GATE! (in Hollywood, off La Cienega). Hip-Hop/R&B/Top 40 and Trance/House will be played all Night by the DJ for everybody to dance to. Then at 11:00 o’clock we take the stage and perform till Midnight, with giveaways and cd’s. After that we party again till 2:30 in the morning. This is a 21 and over event and EVERYONE who wishes to come and be put on my guest list WILL GET IN FOR FREE (as long as the group you come with carries at least as many girls as guys and you arrive before 11pm). So to be put on the Guest list: e-mail me your name and number of girls and guys in your party at [email protected].

I am leaving for Madrid, Spain in January on a Musical and Educational Retreat for 6 Months. I will be going to school and learning about, as well as promoting music. So until the Summer of 2003 when I return and start touring and tryin’ to make it in America, this will be the last chance to a)Get the Album b)Come to a show. I think it is very worth doing and for all my friends and those who have supported me in the past, I sincerely appreciate it.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG-WINDEDNESS OF THIS LETTER. But if you’ve never seen us perform or heard our stuff: Bottom line: You won't be Disappointed!!

Sincerely,

Ali Nourbakhsh

Prince Ali

Apoetnamedáli

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Tooper said:
why are they coming to oxnard are they familiar with this place?
I have no idea. It is a record release party for a comp they got on. It features artists from all over California, even some bay area rappers although he didn't tell me who. Every artist on the comp is supposed to perform. I'm hopefully going. You should too.