signal noise?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
I got a 16MC1000D yesterday and It hits but I get a constant buzzing noise. I was thinking it was the capacitor I got it hooked up to. The RCA cables are ran down the middle of the vehicle and are not crossed over with the power wires. I ordered a distribution block in place of my Cap, will that fix it?

Aug 24, 2003
what the fuck how was it rusty and corroded

if any connection its rusted or corroded you need to clean that shit off and make sure its properly connected before you start a fire. then figure out why it was getting wet to make rust, dont let your amp get wet

Aug 24, 2003
yeah check rca, make sure its clean and solid. a good amp ground is critical. im getting ready to buy one of those grounding blocks you screw onto a sanded part of the chassis in the trunk and just shove the ground wire in there and tighten it with an allen wrench, best thing short of welding it to the chassis, lol

May 14, 2002
Have you checked the rotor blades? Sometimes when they are not maintained correctly they give a noise similar to a signal noise...

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
I got a guy going to tune my vehicle up here shortly. It might be the rotor I don't know. I bought one a new distro block and one for the ground too, like butcher said. Its not to loud of a noise but i'm looking to bump some quality threw my speakers. Thanks to you all.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I'm pretty sure I posted a NSFW picture in this thread of a girl showing her genitalia while on a lawn mower, that I don't see anymore. I'm pretty sure Dana didn't delete it because she's cool as fuck.

That leads me to believe TURF TALK deleted it. What a fucking asshole. He doesn't moderate the forum, he doesn't delete non-lawn and gardening related threads and he's deleting my posts.

Fuck.

Apr 26, 2009
Do you by any chance have a Pioneer HU? If so, it is very likely the pico fuse and you are going to need to ground your preouts. If you dont have a pioneer, then it is very likely a ground issue. Perhaps consider a ground loop isolater

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
I do hav a pioneer, its a premere 4 volt preout. checked all my grounds and also a dude said memphis amps are just noisy amps, so I'm not sure. Other amps i've put on it didn't do it but only when i hooked it up. as for dude coming to help me reroute the wire threw my firewall, I havn't called him.

Apr 26, 2009
Not surprised. Pioneers have a high rate of signal noise in the preouts for whatever reason.
what you need to do is strip a few small wires, like 18ga or so. Wrap them around each individual preout where the metal is exposed. Your RCAs should snugly press them in. After that, ground them to the HU chassis via a very small screw or other means of affixing the wire.
And to Memphis amps being loud, their signal to noise ratio is actually respectable in the D class range. Memphis makes a very quality product. As does Pioneer, just for whatever reason, the preouts go bad