Phillies comin' up

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Looks like the Phillies are trying to make something for themselves and try contending for MLB. I dont care much for the Phillies, but any moves to make smaller teams rise to the top and make MLB more exciting, im all for it. In recent news, they just signed Jim Thome to a 6-year $87million contract. They already signed David Bell from the Giants to replace 3B Scott Rolen. Now, they are making a move at Tom Glavine. Glavine is asking $45million from the Braves, if he doesnt get it, he will make a decision on either the Phillies or Mets. Anyone think the Phillies can make a legitimate run in the post season with these new if possible signings, and given the proper coaching?

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Man that sucks, cause that only means not only do we have to worry about the Braves, but now the Phillies!! Shit, but it will probably be the best division in baseball next year, with the Braves, Mets, & Phillies bein real good teams!! But I atleast hope we land Glavine!!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Man, cubs were puttin in a bid for Him, oh well. we signed Remlinger (sp) hes a sav. good ass Reliever.

shadow

May 8, 2002
i tihnk thome is a mistake waiting to happen for the phillies. heres why first alote of people struggly when switching leagues, also he is getting older not younger and going to the national league is not a good place for a soon to should be a DH.

is for david bell why are people so high on him. i still dont understand.

glavine would have been their safest bet but yet they havent signed him (yet).

May 2, 2002
I honestly think Thome will be OK...he seems to be getting better as he gets older...I guess we'll see though.

As for David Bell...I don't know why people are so high on him. He's average at best. He had a good postseason for the Giants...maybe the Phillies think that will carry over.

And I think the Phillies will sign Glavine...it's just a matter of time.....

Aug 26, 2002
Thome gonna go limp.............fuck the AL it's all about the NL.....NL pitching is gonna eat him up

Philly Phil , I give there fans all love....they don;t give a fuck....They thru batteries at JD Drew....Booed Kobe Bryant until he started crying....booed Destiney Child for sporting the wrong gear in there home.............THUGS !!! FA SHOW ME

May 8, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I honestly think Thome will be OK...he seems to be getting better as he gets older..
ya his offensive numbers are getting better, but what i mean is switching leagues he is going to face new pitchers which he has never seen before (advantage pitchers) and NL pitchers on average are better than AL pitchers. next is in cleveland to keep him fresh he would Dh every 3 or 4 games to keep him fresh, and if he was injured they could DH him to keep his powerful bat in the lineup yet minimizing his exposure to aggravating injuries , in the NL there is no Dh which means if he gets injured his bat is gone cuse only fielders can bat.

you know im not knocking him cause he is a hell of a player, i just think it suited him better to stay in the American League