northern cali influence in l.a.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
do you ever notice influences from n. cali artists in l.a. artists....

one off the back is the crips "nationwide rip ridaz".they had that song "break a slob down" where they obviously jacked from lynch hung.im not hatin cus thats coo how underground artists can get heard out in l.a.at the time that crip album came out lynch was a nobody....

Apr 25, 2002
lynch was never a nobody he had the buzz going as soon as he droped sumthing.

he was a tight ass producer for psycho active and thats whut started it.

but when he started rapping he was showing us whut he can really do.

produce and rap.

Apr 25, 2002
lynch was a nobody dog.he produced for raided but thats was one album outta n. cali.he had a buzz in sac and surrounding areas,24 deep came out (thats when crips "sampled") and he was a name in sac.may be you dont understand what im tryna say pimp....

but everybody who has something out was a nobody....and some still are....

Apr 25, 2002
i don't know about you but we (bro's and i) have turned alot of people on to lynch since 24 deep droped.let me tell you i don't know anybody that was not impressed and wanted it for themselves.

even had it stolen once.instant classic.

Apr 25, 2002
my point is about 20% of this board new of lynch when 24 deep dropped,the other 80% got on him after season of the sicc....
so for the 80% of the board he was a nobody when crips took his idea....

Apr 25, 2002
yea i guess i'm part of that RARE breed that knew about him around those times.MUSIC WISE i guess i'm saying he was never a nobody but an artists who got whut was coming.feel me?

look at him now his hard work got him there.

May 2, 2002
when did lynch say "break a slob down"? that crip cd came out in 94, plus that line has been said before lynch been around. I wouldn't really consider that an influence on l.a. rap.

Apr 25, 2002
that crip came out in 95,lynch didnt say break a slob down.crips took the same beat from had 2 gat ya.its a zap sample but crip did it the same way lynch flipped it.on the lynch hook it had a cypris hill sample,crips used the same exact sample on the same exact beat,you aint gonna tell me some one rather the crips producer or an artist didnt know that....

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
I've heard a lot of stories about gangsters here knowing about Lynch before Season from Crips in South Central to cholos in Lincoln Heights..

Swap meets were one of the few places that had Black Market shit back in the day..

Vamps
IX.