NBA. FUCKIN. SEASON.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2003
Predictions:

I cry myself to sleep every night while Greg Oden sits in his Portland mansion eating triple cheeseburgers and laying on his ass. Dirty Nappy amps up his fat hooker abuse habits as he watches the Wolves potentially be the bottom feeding salad tossers of the NW. Cody kidnaps the Sonics and takes them to OKC. Kobe gets traded to the Suns for Marcus Banks, Raja Bell's severed left testicle and an oversized bag of novelty popcorn, and it is revealed that him and Steve Kerr have had a gay relationship for years that they will come out in the open with. They will give John Amaechi a 10-day contract.

Jan 31, 2003
Rockets are a markedly better team this year. Its actually kind of scary how much better they are than last year. I see having five versatile and great point guards is actually a good thing as it will push them all to be competitive with each other to win those starting spots in practice and it will make them all better players. It's also crazy to see Luis Scola and a healthy and energized Bonzi Wells out on the floor for them when they usually ran with Chucky Hayes and Luther Head at those spots, which was like replacing Janeane Garofalo with Jessica Alba. Plus they have T-Mac and Yao looking healthy, I could see them being third seed in the west if they keep this up.

Losing Fisher was huge for Utah. He could start at the 2, bring offense off the bench, guard the perimeter, and give Deron rest when he needed it. Losing him leaves a gaping hole at the 2, like Paris Hilton style gape action. I have no idea about this Morris Almond kid except his name makes me want to eat almonds.

The Lakers should NOT trade Kobe. I wouldn't trade Kobe for Jesus Christ and draft picks from heaven. If they absolutely have to trade him, I'd make him play out the rest of this season and then trade him for pieces and picks and a big expiring contract and use that cap space to sign another superstar out of that loaded free agent class.

Jan 31, 2003
Holy mother fucking crack smoking butt fucking jesus.
That was an insane ending.

Had me out of my chair screaming at the TV. I am an NBA junkie and that kind of shit is my smack.

Lakers were doing a really good job of playing "let's disrupt the offense, turn the ball over and throw it to Kobe and get the fuck out of the way." Kobe was just insane. He's at a level where it's just an automatic switch in his brain. Looking at him play it felt like he was unconsious, like he was just letting killer instinct take over. But obviously it wasn't enough because ultimately the Lakers just aren't as balanced as a lot of better teams, ie Houston.

But god damn... as soon as Fisher spotted up for 3, I knew it was going in before it left his fingers. Jordan Farmar impressed me a lot too. At the end of the game they were playing Farmar-Fisher-Kobe vs Alston-James-T-Mac which made a huge difference in how entertaining this game turned out to be. It would have been a lot more boring if it had been, say, Fisher and Kobe and Vlad (did Odom even play tonight?) vs Alston-T-Mac-Battier. When Kobe and T-Mac play off the ball, it's a lot more exciting to watch because they spend more time defending each other and running around trying to get the ball and fight for position, rather than seeing them both run the ball up the floor and try to create for other people. Then when you throw in two guards who can play either position (Farmar is the only one who wouldn't be very effective at the 2) who can both create, run the ball and look for openings, it makes for a much better game.

I'm waiting for Blaza to come in here and say Kobe got screwed at the end with the last shot. I hope you caught that game man, for real.

Jan 31, 2003
Damon Jones is a sad piece of shit. He was wide open at 3 countless times tonight and didnt make a single one and nobody even bothers to guard him anymore. He is the poster boy for the current sad piece of shit Cavs.

Second game tonight is way way better. K-Mart is looking like a beast, Melo is going all Alex English on everybody, AI is wrecking shop, Durant is at like 3-14fg at the half and right now Jeff Green looks like an even better pick than Durant. The first thing Durant did in the NBA was miss a shot and then a free throw, the first thing Green did was block Melo's shot. Sonics look great right now because everyone's running all over the place but they're gonna look like absolute shit against a team like the Spurs or Bulls.