My Review Of Mac Money - Just Dippin' (single)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
1) "Just Dippin'" (radio version)

The Single from Mac Money's debut album Tales of a 'G' starts out with the single "Just Dippin'." The beat has a tight feel to it and the production overall is tight. I wasn't really into the North West rap scene until I heard a couple albums from Bow Wow Records. This is the third album I've had the privaledge to listen to and I am feeling it to the fullest. Mac Money has a good pace to his flows and rips up the mic with this track. He showed me some things and if this track is any indication his full album will bring some strait heat.

2) "Whats Your Reality"

The second track on the single starts off with Mac Money talking in a language that I don't know, but I think it's middle eastern. The beat kicks in with some knock and Mac Money comes with some more clean flows. He talks about what is real and what isn't comparing the world to various eras in time. It is a good topic to flow about, and he takes a very interesting approach to it. Overall this track is tight, good production and some original lyrics.

3) "United We Stand"

Mac Money is quickly showing some political emphasis to his lyrics. He raps about the streets using the World Trade Center attacks and various world news to say his point. The production is clean, although I'm not feeling it as much as the past two tracks. I like the lyrics he spits and he comes off very original to me. I'm feeling this track overall.

4) "Just Dippin'" (instrumental)

The same as track number one except of course it's just the intrumental version. The production from Big Squeeze comes off very clean. The beat is hard and there are plenty of background affects to add to the track. The production gets your head moving and you into the track. Clean work by Big Squeeze, I'm feeling it.

5) "Just Dippin'" (acapella)

No music playing in the background, just Mac Money showing his mic skills. It really helps to show you how well of a lyracist he is. I'm feeling his flow, but this track is just to show off his mic skills. It would be coo if more artists had tracks like this, but it's more to showcase their talent. Still this track shows how well Mac Money can flow.

Overall I'm feeling this whole single. The track Just Dippin' was tight and had some heat. The other two tracks were just as good, but I liked the production most on Just Dippin'. After hearing this I'm interested in hearing the full album. I like what Bow Wow Records is putting out and Mac Money is just another example of it.

Apr 25, 2002
@DOG- My money went in the mail today for the single and NW Ridin be on the lookout for it. Hit me up on the cell sometime so we can discuss when you want to meet up with Villian and get in the studio and record.