Messy speaks to Xplosive from behind bars

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
Messy Marv is undoubtedbly the hardest working man in the music business. This is a guy who's already put out several projects this year. There's nothing really unusual about that except for the fact that Messy has been behind bars for almost a year after being caught with a firearm for the second time. "What some people don't understand is when someone like me is still in the hood and pushin an $80,000 car and draped in real ice, you gotta have them thangs on ya cause in the circles I move in there's always someone tryin to seperate you from your money, you feel me? That's why I know what cats like Lil Wayne, Ja Rule, Prodigy and C-Murder are going thru. There's a code we live by that says it's better to get caught with it than to get caught without it. My motto is I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six and that's why i'm in this situation that i find myself in today."
At the time of this interview Messy Marv is in the Santa Rita Correctional Facility with almost two months left on his one year sentance. "They were tryin to hit me with five years, but I paid a lot of money to my lawyers and we got it down to a year, so I'll be hittin the block again in the next few months". When asked if he got special treatment while he's been in custady, Messy had this to say. "Naw they treat me just like every other ni##a in here, they treat me like sh#t. As far as my fellow inmates go, they treat me with the respect that I've earned over the years, not just as a rapper, but as someone who's been out in those streets puttin in work. I'm in Gen Pop, so trust me when I say I get no special treatment".
So what's a typical day in in the system like for Messy Marv? "I get up at the crack of dawn for breakfast, then I work out, then lunch, then the yard, then dinner In the month of August I fasted for the whole month, in celebration of Black August. I prayed three times a day and got my head and my soul right. When you're on lock you really find out who your real friends are. I had plenty of my so called homies claim they were gonna come see me or write me and I'm still waitin, you feel me? Big shout out to David Banner who really looked out for me. He put money on my books even though I didn't need it, he made sure he had my back the whole time and that's the kind of thing you never forget. He also did a colab with me on the What You Know About Me album. That's my man for life".

this is a great interview 2 pages long. mess talks all about his personal life, what he plans to do when he gets out and so much more. lots of great suprises in the interview, so make sure u cop the next issue hittin stands later this month