messed up raps

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
Dear Mr. D.O.G.,

What's up with your rhyme style? Maybe I'm a retard but it seems like you have one of those weird styles where at least once on a track you switch your whole mind frame and try to spit a few too many syllables in a bar. Some E-40 type shit, but without the production quality. I'm no rapper or anything, but as a potential customer, I'm not feeling that.

Nov 30, 2002
Dear Mr. Hookboy,
you dont like it? GET THE FUCK OUT he has his own unique style if you have ever listened to his shit, no one else sounds like him, thats why he is good. you dumb bitch

Sincerely yours, \/

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
Why so hostile? Nobody needs that fucking drama.

Just because his style is unique doesn't mean that it's good. No, I haven't listened to a lot of his shit, but from what I have listened to so far, I don't really want to. It's an opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

Why should I "GET THE FUCK OUT?" There are more artists than just Mr. D.O.G. on Bow Wow Records, and this is the Bow Wow Records forum.

Nov 30, 2002
yes you are true... but who makes up the majority on Bow Wow? im not tryin to put anybody else down on Bow Wow... but Mr. D.O.G. has basically set the standards for Bow Wow...

pz

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
According to the "Favorite Bow Wow Artist" poll on their website, there are 4 Bow Wow artists. That would make Mr. D.O.G. 1/4 of Bow Wow when it comes to rapping. I'm not sure about the "setting standards" thing as I'm not too familiar with the label, but yeah it seems that they all look up to him.

I still don't feel his raps but I can fully appreciate what he's doing with his company and for the Tacoma hip hop community.

Nov 30, 2002
true.. he is helping tacoma out.. same with young krime.. and anybody else who's from that area puttin it down.. INCLUDING ALL YOU PROMOTERS!! good lookin to all of you

pz

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@hookboy

Thankfully, in this game, there are those artists who get your attention the first time around. If Mr DOG was one that caught your eye...consider yourself lucky! The first time i heard him, i also was like "...the fuck this is?!", but after a while, i realized he's comin with a style that VERY FEW can imitate.

When he puts all those syllables in there, the main things to consider are: 1) they're all on beat, and 2) none of them are mumbled, a la Greedy BD or, yes, E-40.

Give more of the songs a listen, and you will most likely feel them more...it takes a while because his style has already developed and is THAT DAMN GOOD, not because its sloppy or on accident. Ya dig?

Peace.

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
OK, I listened to 2 more Mr. D.O.G. tracks this morning. (from the mp3.com page)

I still stand by my original thoughts on his style. Most of the time his flow is indeed on point. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, he clearly slips and spits marble-mouth shit that is off-beat. Can you honestly hear that shit and think "WOW, I doubt many people could imitate that! That's FIRE right there! Let me rewind that shit.... Damn!"

No offense intended at Mr. D.O.G. or Big Squeeze when I say this, but E-40 has some of the industry's top producers on his team and they are pushing major fucking units, not battling peckerwoods from Woodinville via mp3.com. I am not a rapper or a producer and I don't have the credits I need to pull anybody's card, so DON'T GET MAD. I don't think all you guys are being honest with yourselves on the subject though.

I do feel the shit that Mac Money is spitting so it's not like I don't support anything Bow Wow is doing. The fact that they are actually doing it for the northwest is something I respect immensely.

One more thing. How is Mr. D.O.G. the C.E.O. when A) the Bow Wow Records trademark isn't registered with the USPTO and B) Bow Wow Records is not a corperation? If I were to sell my own CDs under the name Bow Wow Records he couldn't even sue me for prior art.

Nov 30, 2002
i can honestly rewind and say.. wow... damn! but it takes more than 5+ listens for someone to feel mr. dog's style.. i was one of the few who liked it from the first time he heard it... give it some time to soak up...

pz

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
You,being a so-called customer,makes me wonder why you would be so interested in finding out about someone you don't feel.You don't like his raps.....great,move on.And for a consumer to look into what trademarks he has registered,seems like more of investigation work,why would a consumer even care?

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
Gee, how profound that was.

BAMMER, I'm not a "so-called" customer, and "looking into" trademarks is something any U.S. citizen can do with ease.

Look at it like this. I'm a potential customer who sees his people set to fail at something. When I listen to Mr. D.O.G.'s music and quickly glance at the way "Washington's #1 Rap Label" is doing business, I don't see a ton of success. Bow Wow is in a position to possibly do huge things for the local hip hop community.

So, why do I care? The answer is obvious. I care because people like you don't. Questioning the way things are is healthy and positive. Maybe you are content with the buy-it-and-shut-up mentality, but I won't shut up about this. The same reasons that kept me from buying Mr. D.O.G.'s albums are probably keeping other people from doing the same.

If Mr. D.O.G. is as unwilling to accept criticism and input as you guys have proven to be, I honestly don't see much hope for Bow Wow Records or the northwest hip-hop community that it's marching into the national spotlight.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
One more thing. How is Mr. D.O.G. the C.E.O. when A) the Bow Wow Records trademark isn't registered with the USPTO and B) Bow Wow Records is not a corperation? If I were to sell my own CDs under the name Bow Wow Records he couldn't even sue me for prior art.

@hookboy
No BWR is not a corp. yet, but if you were to sell cd's under the name BWR we could sue you because we are licensed, and copyrighted...and up to par with all the legalities of having a business. And if you don't like my flow that IS your OWN opinion, but to come to this forum and spit out hate... What? Come on, there is such thing as honest criticism, you come across as something else- I may be wrong but that is how it's being taken in.

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
I doubt you can afford to see a copyright infringement lawsuit through to the end.

I'm a stupid lying hater who doesn't know you. Did I cover all of the bases, G? If so, you may be forced to come up with an original thought instead of buttering up that old bullshit like you do in your raps.

Go ahead, keep trying to get rich off of your played out Bud & Bitches rhyme style. I don't give a fuck. Bow Wow isn't the future. If it was, it's "C.E.O." would be swift to wise up and take some much needed advice.

Speaking of advice, I hope you have Mac Money under an air-tight contract, because he's the only decent rapper on Bow Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.