Jay-Z Challenges Nas To A Pay-Per-View Battle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NBD

Artist
Apr 25, 2002
An anonymous source writes "Jay-Z appeared on Hot 97's Angie Martinez Show yesterday (Tuesday), and challenged Nas to a pay per-view battle. Each artist would perform songs. Then there would be 3 rounds of freestyle battling. Each artist, according to Jay-Z, should put in a certain amount so there would be a purse for the winner (at least a million dollars)."

"It is unclear who Jay-Z thinks should decide the outcome. Possibilities could include an internet vote, an audience vote, a judge panel of legendary rappers, or the Source's 5 Mic Council. Hov also expressed regret about choosing Amil over Foxy Brown."

What Ya'll think about this??

Bone

Sicc OG
Jul 11, 2002
That would be tight. They make alot of money cause there'd be a grip of viewers. Is there a date set for this yet? I heard Jay Z freestyle before. Nas is gonna rip him on the freestyle. But as far as performing already made songs theres a possibilty Jay Z can win. Went to the NAS concert this year. Your boy was *uck some Jay Z off the bat!

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
If it did happen I think the prize money should go to some community charity. You know, make it an event that actually helps people who need it, not people who are already millionaires. Maybe that would help ease the tension between these two. They might have a little more respect for each other if they were both there battling each other for the purpose of helping the people they claim to care about (the community).

Gone,
Doxx

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
you mean the same mic council that gave master p's gameface 3 and a half mics while the eminem show only got 4? thats a disgrace to hip hop. puff daddys last cd got 4 mics!!!!

Jul 7, 2002
I think it'd be interesting to watch, but i aint gonna pay for theyre fake ass hype bullshit. i just feel like they be hypin shit up just for fans u feel me. i aint never really bought into theyre shit. But yeah id watch, and yeah i think nas would fuck him up 2.

NBD

Artist
Apr 25, 2002
yeah, he said Pay-Per view is for boxers and wrestlers, so he would rather put out there albums on the same day and let album sells decide...

Jul 7, 2002
Oh well, just adds another chapter to their fake ass beef. Now we going to be hearin more bullshit from Jay-Z clowin Nas, and Nas comin right back. What they should do is both put in a purse to equal a mil like jay-z said, but let em box UFC style. It could be sum celebrity boxing type shit, and hopefully end their bullshit.