james toney or sam peter?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
PGBD said:
A couple palookas. This can't be on pay per view or can it?
naw its on showtime but with the bullshit they been putting on ppv , i wouldnt be suprised if they did try to sell it . i think it should be a good scrap though. toney is highly skilled and peter is lookin to take his head off

Nov 7, 2005
Close fight, I thought it could of went either way, but the scorecards didn't reflect what went on in the ring. Peter landed the harder shots and had Toney hurt a few times while Toney landed more punches which had no effect whatsoever, so I'm not mad at the decision. Maybe Toney should lay off the fast food and this shit wouldn't happen.

May 6, 2002
I searched the net looking for someone to convince me that Peter won. You have come the closest, but still...comon.

They didn't even show the punch stats.

116-111 = Don King Special

After betting on boxing for the last 5 years, I still haven't figured out its politics. I even bet the politics. Toney is going to win, and would be a better champ.

Who the hell is going to watch Peter vs Maskaev? If they even attempt to make that a PPV it will be a joke.

Nov 7, 2005
Hey don't get me wrong, I wouldn't of been mad if the decision went Toney's way but those scorecards are very suspect. It just depends on what they were looking for, Toney landed the flashier faster punches as well as more counters than Peter while going back, while Peter landed the harder more effective shots while moving forward, so it's all preference. As far as Peter/Maskaev there's no way that can be sold as PPV worthy. Neither would Toney/Maskaev for that matter although it would do better numbers.

The 116-111 scorecards are complete bullshit and that's with a point deduction, that'd be 9 rounds to 3 for Peter and the only way I see that fight scored is even or 7-5 one way or the other.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
That fight was good and hard to score. Toney does have heart and chin....he was taking shots but giving them too.

Apr 20, 2005
Toney won in my opinion. Im a little late on my comment lol but fuck it. He had the jab going the whole match putting in good counters and only really got hit a couple times with some good punches but even when he was hurt was avoiding punches really well. Toney did well in that match agaisnt peters. Peters didnt even do much hence him getting frustrated and trying to do dat lil crush punch

May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
Tony said:
It was close....real close.
that what i thought so theres no way anyone can say its a robbery . i see as there are no robberies in close fights. everyone sees the fight different but it couldve gone either way , i know i was scared when peter got that point tooken though , i thought that would possibly change the outcome of the fight.