Jacka the Great

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 30, 2006
Share your stories about The Jacka. The first time you heard him, funny stories, cool stories, if you met him, where you were when you heard the bad news. Your favorite verse or song of his. Let's keep the negative shit/previous beef/rumors/theories out of this thread and celebrate his memory and legacy. My favorite song of his is "Hood Fellaz" minus the intro. Favorite verse is his off of "Tailor Made". Saw the news on siccness and it brought me to tears because he meant so much to fans, music and the coast in general. Another year of not looking to the beginning of February again.

L

Loards

Dope ass thread idea bro.

Favorite song gotta be 'All Over Me.' First time I ever heard that song I was in a Taco Bell and the employees were playin it at like 10:30 when I was the last customer....that's what put me on Tear Gas cuz I was never huge into the Jack until that point. Today he's my favorite rapper. MIP to the King!

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
My first time hearing The Jacka was on Ride Til We Die and Big Gangsta that I produced for C-Bo. Everytime he came around he always showed me love. He was a good dude. I had the chance to produce a couple other tracks with him. I have some video footage when we were in the studio recording "Life" that I would like to share with the world. Hopefully I can get the ok from his camp to release it. Not trying to make a dollar of off him or gain fame. Just want to share some unseen footage with his fans.

Aug 23, 2017
First time I heard of him was on MOB Trial, the one with Nickatina. Later on I bought Tear Gas at Best Buy just for the hell of it cuz there was nothing else there I wanted. I was hooked ever since. My favorite songs are probably anything on Tear Gas, Mob Shit & Won't be Right with Cellski, Square Crows & Glamorous Lifestyle with Nickatina, All We Know with Stalin & Laroo, & Wit The Shit with Joe Blow & Diggs. I found out on here late at night when he passed. I posted a bunch of his songs on FB & had a bunch of people mad but I didn't give a fuck. It had me fucked up for a few days.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I bought the first Mob Figaz album when it dropped, cause I was a huge C-Bo fan. Was disappointed at first, cause I expected some AWOL Sac gangsta rap. But then I got into it. Have almost the whole Mob Figaz catalog, except for AP.9's shit (only have two albums from him). The album I bumped the most however is The Jack Artist! That's a fucking classic! Have a lot of friends who are not much into rap, or just listen to east coast shit, but when I would play The Jack Artists, they all loved it. Something not many people in the genre achieved. One of the dopest for sure! RIP

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I have some video footage when we were in the studio recording "Life" that I would like to share with the world. Hopefully I can get the ok from his camp to release it. Not trying to make a dollar of off him or gain fame. Just want to share some unseen footage with his fans.
Nothing wrong with making a dollar if you giving it to his children.....

Sep 26, 2008
Heard Jacka first through other rappers..

-Andre Nickatina "Girls Say" Feat Jacka
-Mac Dre "Daddy"Feat Husalah and Jacka
-Traxamillion "From The Hood" Feat Jacka

Then someone I know produced a song that Jacka was featured on..

- Certified "Money Is Green" Feat Jacka

I remember being in FYE and listening to snippets from the Husalah and Jacka Shower Posse album but I didn't like it I thought it was too east coast-ish and I was on the Hyphy wave like everybody was back then.. Wasn't till "Glamorous Lifestyle" came out and then I decided to check out Tear Gas and that shit slapped front to back!!!!! That's when I started checkin out for his music...
Hard to say what my favorite album is.. Drought Season was dope, minus Berner cuz he sucked back then.. lol
The only albums of Jack's that I have owned are Tear Gas, Gobots, Middle Name is Crime... But I have checked out all of his solo albums and slap song from them...

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2015
First time I heard The Jacka - and the rest of the Mob Figaz as a matter of fact - was when I randomly bought this Mob Figaz “The Comp” CD. Thought those “Tha Mayor” and “All My O’s Say” joints were dope but I didn’t really start following his music until I heard him again on Cormega’s “Legal Hustle” with “Barney (More Crime)”. I went on to buy “The Jack Artist” album which is one my all time Bay Area rap favorites. Couldn’t stop playing it for months, the Roblo/Jack chemistry was just crazy. They created something so different from everything else that was out there at the time. Loved the album.