Is Woodie's fam trying to suppress the east coco records legacy?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2009
Looks like Wood's homies are all on board with trying to promote his legacy and carry on the ECCR torch. But Wood's mother seems to be very hostile to the idea of releasing new music or anything related to Woodie. And she's been very protective over ECCR's IP and catalog since she owns it now. She also keeps sayin' that "Wood would've wanted this. Wood would've wanted that. Wood wouldn't have liked that." as a way of rejecting any new proposal, which sees kinda manipulative.

I see the other side too. She claims artists are using Wood's name to make some feria $$$, which is a valid claim. She's trying to sue Awax.

What do yall think? Should Awax be able to drop NE8 or is Woodie's mom right? Who would the revenue go to?

Regardless of all that, I'd like to see the project be released.

Last edited:
May 2, 2009
Wax and Big Tone made a good point on the podcast they dropped today. Said Wood's mom doesn't stand to make much money if the next generation forgets Woodie. So Wax and Tone, having the big following that they do, would help her get paid by promoting his music to the next generation, which they're still in tuned with. But yeah, she seems to be extra possessive over his likeness and is pretty litigious, threatening to sue anybody who even uses a beat that sounds like Wood's.

Dec 18, 2015
I had got tatted by Lil Dee last year and I asked him about the shit on rapbay they was selling. If it was legit and what not and he said they was doing shady business to Woods mon. But she was nt tripping off it. Told him I had bought the Yoc Influenced vinyls and a poster cuz I thought it was helping, guess it is but not that much. Idk. Aint gon lie tho I hope they do press up more of his shit in vinyl.

May 2, 2009
Wax said yesterday that he'd be willing to give away 100% of the proceeds from NE8. If she isn't down for that, then idk what Wood's mom is thinking. Cuz that pokes a big hole in her claim that people are just trying to use Wood's name for $$.