Is Tech N9ne...........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
So why won't Strange pay for radio play? They got the money it seems. Just don't wanna do it the mainstream way I guess?
I never understand their "no pay for play" stance, as they sit there and pay for airtime on TV and radios for their commercials. Same difference in my book. Paid advertisement any way that you look at it.

Aug 31, 2005
Wouldn't say all that.
Great rappers still sound great if they collab with him. It's not like he's SO amazing that no one else is good.

That being said, I feel his career could go either way at this point. He could continue to bring the A-Game, or he could drop off. It's the same with every rapper, though. We never know how or what a rapper will do after their last album. KanYe for example. Dude released a dope album. And then he did 808's and Heartbreaks, and then released one of the dopest albums of 2011.

You never know how good an artist will be until they release their next album.
your right Ye released the shitfest that was Graduation then followed with the amazing 808s and then slightly dropping his game on MBDTF

as far as Tech, last time I thought he was at his peak and was perfectly lined up to break through to the mainstream was Killer..and well that wasn't it. I've learned to take each Tech release for what it is and not get hyped for them before release..maybe it was Killer, maybe it was Sickology but after that I just don't get hyped like I did before

Oct 2, 2006
So why won't Strange pay for radio play? They got the money it seems. Just don't wanna do it the mainstream way I guess?
I believe they once referenced paying $1 million for airplay for I'm A Playa and they didn't see a big enough financial return on it to justify spending a million dollars. They considered it a loss and have since refused to pay for radio play.

Jun 22, 2007
I believe they once referenced paying $1 million for airplay for I'm A Playa and they didn't see a big enough financial return on it to justify spending a million dollars. They considered it a loss and have since refused to pay for radio play.
Yeah I remember hearing that in a Trav interview.

But....it is nearly 10 years later. Tech is bigger than ever, and he's gotten way bigger the past year. Now he has Lil Wayne & T-Pain on a song.....I think it's time to atleast try it again. W/ Wayne & Pain, the song could be a radio hit and be worth it. They got way more money now too to give it a shot.

Jul 1, 2004

But....it is nearly 10 years later. Tech is bigger than ever, and he's gotten way bigger the past year. Now he has Lil Wayne & T-Pain on a song.....I think it's time to atleast try it again. W/ Wayne & Pain, the song could be a radio hit and be worth it. They got way more money now too to give it a shot.
Not sure where I seen it but nonetheless, I seen that the Tech, Weezy and T-Pain song will not be radio friendly.

Jul 3, 2008

the concept for the song came from

"gals sho look like fuck food to me
might as well BITCH i know u suck dudes for free"

hows that gon b on the radio breh

Oct 25, 2006
Go listen to Ke(dollar sign)ha's song Blah Blah Blah and tell me that a song based on getting drunk and fucking couldn't hit the radio...

Or better yet, listen to a few of these songs, all of which have had monumental mainstream success in the past:

Get Low - Lil Jon
Wait (The Whisper Song) - Ying Yang Twins
Play - David Banner
Lollipop - Lil Wayne
Candy Shop - 50 Cent
Right Thurr - Chingy
Anything released by Pretty Ricky

Saying that a song based on sex won't hit the radio is like saying that the crackhead on your street corner won't buy that crack that you're selling.

Oct 25, 2006
Well my comment was actually aimed at the comment dude made about the lyrics to Hunterish. There have been songs with WAY more vulgar lyrics than those two bars he mentioned, and done in way worse taste.

"Wait'll you see my dick. OOOOOHHHHHHH"