I need help setting up my studio

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
www.newliferecordsllc.com
I have recently combined studios with one of my friends & we are having some issues hooking everything up correctly. We have 2 mics(Neumann TLM 103, & Groove Tubes Gt-66), 2 Pre Amps(Universal Audio LA-610, & Avalon 737sp), two interfaces(Digi 002, & RME Fireface 400), two sets of speakers(Event Tr8, & Yamaha Hs 80 ),a presonus Hp4, 3 Behringer BCF-2000 control faders, with a Intell Xeon quad core mac on which we are running both Logic Pro & Pro Tools Le
What is the best way to hook all of this up together so that we can easily switch from one preamp to the other, one mic to the other, & back & forth between logic & pro tools?) We'd like to be able to use the Rme interface as the main interface but still be able to use the digi for the controls(at least for pro tools, but would love to be able to use it in logic as well if that's possible? Also can we use both the digi & the behringer faders together?), & we'd like to be able to have both sets of speakers play no matter if we are working in logic or pro tools. Please help me out!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have recently combined studios with one of my friends & we are having some issues hooking everything up correctly. We have 2 mics(Neumann TLM 103, & Groove Tubes Gt-66), 2 Pre Amps(Universal Audio LA-610, & Avalon 737sp), two interfaces(Digi 002, & RME Fireface 400), two sets of speakers(Event Tr8, & Yamaha Hs 80 ),a presonus Hp4, 3 Behringer BCF-2000 control faders, with a Intell Xeon quad core mac on which we are running both Logic Pro & Pro Tools Le
ok.

What is the best way to hook all of this up together so that we can easily switch from one preamp to the other, one mic to the other, & back & forth between logic & pro tools?)
A patchbay may make things a bit easier. Also, I'm not familiar with your RME, but you may want to try using it with the 002 if the RME has adat I/O.

We'd like to be able to use the Rme interface as the main interface but still be able to use the digi for the controls(at least for pro tools, but would love to be able to use it in logic as well if that's possible? Also can we use both the digi & the behringer faders together?),
Nope. The 002 is an absolute requirement to run PT. You won't be able to use the RME with PT. You'll be able to use Logic with the 002 (for monitoring, recording, editing) but you will not be able to use the 002 as a controller for logic.

& we'd like to be able to have both sets of speakers play no matter if we are working in logic or pro tools. Please help me out!
Choose which interface you're going to run with and use an amp or receiver if you don't have enough I/O.

Mar 11, 2004
protools 9 and 10 both allow you to use any interface now..idk how it is if you hook up a digi to the computer if protools will auto connect or something but unless I'm missing something I'm pretty sure you can use either interface with protools now..

just noticed that was posted awhile ago...so probably isn't any help now..