HOLLIS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
why exactly isnt X fuckin with hollis for production any more? vengance is mine was hard due in large part to hollis' beats and sac-a-indo was one of the best albums of last year in my opinion. true, hollis does get repetitive at times, but i thought sac-a-indo was different from his past work and fit X and kingpen well. whats the deal?

Aug 26, 2002
NickPro are u tone def, Sac-a-Indo was a big Sack of BAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hollis is weak, he makes a tight herre and therrre but herrre and therrre don't cut it no more .............Look at all the reviews for Bad A$$ new album the only complains about the cd was the beats , all done by Hollis................

D

danny-b

baby herman said it best when he said "the whole thing stinks like yesterdays diapers"

Feb 19, 2003
NUTTCASE said:
hollis is slackin around wit beats nowadays...
Well, I've already mentioned this on B.A.R.T., but I'll say it again:

IMHO, Hollis sounds better when he's paired with rappers whose voices rely more on smoothness. His shit wasn't bad on Marvaless' GHETTO BLUES 2001 or on Skee 64's HALF MAN, HALF AMAZING, but when he's paired with someone like X (whose voice relies on a more forceful delivery than Marvaless or Skee 64), you begin to notice how everything sounds the same (this also applies to his collabs with Bad Azz). Hopefully, the production on X's future CDs will match up with him.

One other thing: in an issue of MURDER DOG last year, Hollis was interviewed, and get this: he said that he wanted to "end" Sacramento Rap's reputation for darkness (which is like telling the Chicago Bulls organization that they can't display pictures of Jordan in their stadium)! Basically, he was talking shit (in so many words) about how murder-type tracks are "dead" and "boring" and how "no one wants to hear those kinds of songs anymore, so let's party, blah blah blah..." Maybe that's why his music (after the first SAC KINGS comp) sounds like shit, I don't know...PEACE!