--> gangs graffiti

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 21, 2002
.. How does the gang graffiti work ? i mean, does it still have meanings ? can some one please holla back cuz i dont know bout killacali graffiti ...
in france we have crews too but graffiti isnt related with gangbangers.. exept for maybe 2 or 3 Parisian crews..

so can some1 tell more about gang graffiti?

ThanX

:1:

Apr 25, 2002
ALL GRAFFITI? NO.
ALL GANG GRAFFITI? IMA HAVE TO GO WITH YES

LEADER OF THE NEW CHURCH COULD PROBABLY TELL YOU MORE ABOUT "ELA13" IF YOU WANTED TO KNOW SINCE I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT IS A VARRIO IN EAST LA, & IN LA (AND S. CALI IN GENERAL) ITS NOT REALLY ABOUT NORTH OR SOUTH, ITS WHAT VARRIO YOU'RE FROM.

AND YEAH THE 13 IS FOR SUR (SOUTH) ,ACTUALLY IS FOR THE 13TH LETTER OF THE ALPHABET (M) FOR MEXICO, BUT HAS MORE OF A MEANING OF SUR

14 IS FOR NORTE (NORTH...14TH LETTER OF THE ALPHABET IS "N")

Apr 25, 2002
correction

YUNGSTAMATT said:

AND YEAH THE 13 IS FOR SUR (SOUTH) ,ACTUALLY IS FOR THE 13TH LETTER OF THE ALPHABET (M) FOR MEXICO,
14 IS FOR NORTE (NORTH...14TH LETTER OF THE ALPHABET IS "N")
actually, the letter "M" is for Mexican Mafia, which in the streets is the sureno gangs....it does not stand for "Mexico".

LOOTER oF tHE NEW CHURCH

IGNORANT ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT
Apr 22, 2002
www.stevie-wonder.com
Gang graffiti is much more limited in terms of style than Writer Graffiti. There are just as many toys but it is really more about making territory known or posing a threat to a rival and that can be done with even the most whack or simplistic style of lettering it just has to get it's point across. The better it is styled seems to say more about writing experience and neighborhood pride and especially talent.

Oct 21, 2002
@ LEADER oF tHE NEW CHURCH

yea i know what u mean.. gangs graffiti are pretty simple ... without any shades 'n shit..just gothic letters...hmm.. and.. is it only the chicano gangs who paints or also black gangs?..

thanx fo the answerz yall..

LOOTER oF tHE NEW CHURCH

IGNORANT ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT
Apr 22, 2002
www.stevie-wonder.com
I haven't been told it by anyone but as i said FOR THE MOST PART that doesnt mean there were no outside influences, but being that modern street gangs (not "Organized Crime") evolved in vast numbers and earliest in LA, logically most of the style was created here. Writer graffiti is a New York thing and that didnt get big until the 70's but gang graffiti was here in LA and the styles AS FAR AS I KNOW were created by Chicano gangs because those are the oldest gangs in LA (this used to be Mexico after all). On top of all that I can't think of an area where gang graffiti is as developed or common as it is here. I know there are alot of symbols in all the Folk and People nation and Latin King sets writing back east but those gangs are not as old as the ones here so they couldnt have been doing it as long.

Jul 4, 2002
I don't know much about this topic but as far as I know the murals have a long tradition in the mexican culture. And murals are some kind of graffiti too.

Apr 25, 2002
@ LEADER

Thanks for clearin that up, but AS FAR AS I KNOW, the old mexican gangs (Yes, I know this was once Mexico) were also influenced by some shit that was going on earlier than that brotha man....

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Well, the Bloods & Crips usually tag in red or blue obviously. Bloods & Crips usually cross out the opposite letters as a sign of disrespect. For example, a Blood will cross out the C in Compton and either put a K and/or a B. There are so many variations. I don't know if I am telling you anything new or not. I have some pictures, but I don't have any equipment to post them up. Sorry. I have this one picture from Lueders Park Mob Piru neighborhood in Compton of this one gang members garage door that got hit up by Crips, I think the Neighborhood Crips. The Crips put all of their names on the door. Then the Bloods came and crossed it out and put Mob all over it. All in blue and red.

Dec 2, 2002
Street Gangs or Taggers?
Many people association graffiti with the danger of violent street gangs. Although Fort Collins has a presence of gangs, much of the graffiti found in our city is not gang related, but is the work of "taggers."
Taggers are people who consider themselves artists. They enjoy the challenge of placing their "tag" (usually a one-word nickname) on buildings, street signs, culverts or wherever they can.

Tagger graffiti is often multi-colored, balloon style lettering or drawings. Gang graffiti, on the other hand, is usually less artistic. It nearly always includes gang names or symbols and is used to mark "turf" or make a statement to opposing gangs.