Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
why would anybody protest Sprouts? weirdos
Sounds like an extremely retarded way to spend your Sunday. Protesting a store that promotes healthy eating and no chemicals in your food.

Meanwhile obese people are riding their scooters in to Walmart un-interupted.
Going to preface this by saying I've never even heard of Sprouts but was bored so google'd why someone would protest them. Seems this healthy "farmers market" chain store wants to pave over a big part of historic farmland to open one of their stores. Seems like a lot of the people protesting were local farmers, students and ecologists.

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2015/03/14/18769960.php

Gill Tract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds like in 2012 due to public pressure they made Whole Foods decide to pull out on a planned development in the same area.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Gonna be super fucking cool in 100 years where the whole US is nothing but corporate chains from coast to coast. Then the citizens can just live in apartments above the one they work at. Maybe the corporations will come up with some sort of currency to pay them in that is only able to spent in stores also owned by said corporation. You know, kinda like they used to do back in the 1800s during free banking. Fuck yeah, America.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Going to preface this by saying I've never even heard of Sprouts but was bored so google'd why someone would protest them. Seems this healthy "farmers market" chain store wants to pave over a big part of historic farmland to open one of their stores. Seems like a lot of the people protesting were local farmers, students and ecologists.

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2015/03/14/18769960.php

Gill Tract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds like in 2012 due to public pressure they made Whole Foods decide to pull out on a planned development in the same area.

If people sell them the land, I don't get the issue.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
If people sell them the land, I don't get the issue.
Yeah I don't know like I said never even heard of the store or the plot of land. Was just saying what the quick google search told me seeing you didn't seem to know why either. But it seems like they have persuaded a corporation to not develop there before though so I guess it was a Sunday well spent for them probably.