FRAYSER BOY INTERVIEW!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
WOS: So what’s going on with you today Frayser Boy?

Frayser Boy: Fine, chillin’ man just out here in this hot heat Memphis , Tennessee .

WOS: Yeah, it’s hot down here too in Orlando.

Frayser Boy: Aw, man I know it, it probably hotter then here.

WOS: Yeah, the humidity.

Frayser Boy: Laughs

WOS: A lot of folks that don’t know you just know that you’re with Hypnotize Camp Posse. So why don’t you give a little history of Frayser Boy.

Frayser Boy: Yeah, I’m a member of Hypnotize Camp Posse. With Hypnotize Minds record label. First thing that you probably heard me on Hypnotize Minds was La Chat first album “Murder She Spoke”. I rap on the posse song and from then on man you just heard me on all over everything, Hypnotize Minds.

WOS: Some people thought that you may of been from the west due to the first album title. Explain exactly what Gone On That Bay means.

Frayser Boy: Well, in Memphis, Tennessee the hood I’m from is called Frayser and that’s how I got my name Frayser Boy, but we nicknamed our hood the Bay area and that is because it’s the highest cocaine trafficking area. So we called cocaine down here bay. So we just call it the Bay area because that’s where you go and get did at. It not like we not trying to bite off nobody, no other city or nothing you know it all love all over, but we just call our hood the Bay area down here where we from. That Memphis Tenn ( Tennessee ).

WOS: I heard that you been rapping for only a couple of years.

Frayser Boy: I only been rapping for like three years, I ain’t been at this all my life. I just caught on real quick.

WOS: So how did you end up hooking up with DJ Paul and Juicy J?

Frayser Boy: I ended up hooking up with them through another artist that they used to have in Three Six Mafia. He used to be in my hood and we used to be tight. Basically ya know he once didn’t have a vehicle back then. This was before all ya know we made a lot of money and whatever. He ain’t have a vehicle so I just ya know gave him a lift to the studio. I ended up going in a couple of times saying what’s going on and I ended up getting through to Paul and Juicy and I ended up started working with them towards promotion and stuff like that, and I just been with them ever since.

WOS: Growing up in Memphis who apart from 3-6 Mafia did you bump?

Frayser Boy: Eightball & MJG of course, Scarface Al Kapone , Memphis has a big history so mainly on Memphis stuff back then. The list can go on, Gangsta Pat, people like that.

WOS: You bumping anybody right now?

Frayser Boy: Yeah, I’m on that Boyz N Da Hood right now ya know what I’m saying. I just picked that up the other day, so I been on that for a minute. Of course nothing but Hypnotize Minds in my cd changer.

WOS: So “Me Being Me” is your second album...

Frayser Boy: Yeah

WOS: What is going to be different with this one then the first one?

Frayser Boy: Really ain’t gonna be nothing different ya know what im saying, It’s almost the same. I think I got better with the lyrics. The whole albums produced by DJ Paul and Juicy J. man it’s just straight real just me being me ya know what I’m saying. Ain’t No fake, no phony, no nothing, it’s all real man.

WOS: You got the single “Got Dat Drink” with Mike Jones and Paul Wall.

Frayser Boy: Fa sho

WOS: How did you end up hooking up with them two Boys?

Frayser Boy: Paul and Juicy they was in Texas at one time and they were doing a track for Paul Wall I think, Mike Jones, one of them. Ya know they just traded off. Juicy had already had the beats. They laid their verses on it and then they decided to let me get a verse on it and ya know we just made it happen.

WOS: You shot the video for it, so do you know when that’s going to premier?

Frayser Boy: Yeah, it should be on any day now ya know what I’m saying they had to re edit it but you should be seeing it any day now.

WOS: So tell me about a couple of tracks on the album and how the concepts came about.

Frayser Boy: I have a track called “Water” featuring Lil’ Wyte. Ya know we just put our heads together. I got a track with Project Pat. Two songs with two of our new artists Boogey Mane and Chrome. Chromes album “Straight To the Pro’s” will be in stores soon. Boogey Mane “Out the Closet” will be in stores soon. Go be looking out for them. I got a track with DJ Paul and Juicy J it’s called Summertime. It’s just like a summertime banger ya know stuff you doing in the summer. I came up with it because my album’s coming out around in the summer time and I just made a summer time song. Bang going up and down the hood you know what I’m talking about?

WOS: Yeah fa sho.

Frayser Boy: It got a lot of heat on there.

WOS: Is Project Pat out yet? I heard he was out this week.

Frayser Boy: Nah, he ain’t out yet but he will be hitting the town probably next month or the end of next month he’ll be back out. He’ll be back out on the bricks man.

WOS: Working on your album with Paul and Juicy, did they just give you beats or did you come to them with ideas of how you wanted the beats to sound like?

Frayser Boy: Man they had everything set, they make life so easy man they just give me tracks and I mean pretty much ain’t nothing that I’m gonna say I don’t like. I never really heard a Paul & Juicy track yet that I can say I didn’t feel. They just give me a whole lot of beats on the cd and let me take em home and you know ride to em and let me see what I can come up with and that’s how I do my work. Roll a couple blunts up and go crazy on a track you know what im talking about?

WOS: Yeah

Frayser Boy: laughs

WOS: So how is it working with those two?

Frayser Boy: Man crazy, I wouldn’t rap with nobody else man, NOBODY! I can’t see me going nowhere. They my boss, they comedians, they all real them dudes there down to earth and I love them to death man. I wouldn’t rap nowhere else.

WOS: When I spoke to them a couple weeks ago they said the concepts for their beats come from a whole lot of alcohol and just other s** that go on in the world.

Frayser Boy: Hey hey hey, that’s no lie we get high, get drunk, we do this for real. I ain’t trying to tell you to ya know make it look good, but we really do this, we get in the studio, we might get together, get our drugs, our drink, get our whatever, and get busy. That how it go down down here man.

WOS: So how satisfied are you with the album right now?

Frayser Boy: I just think I outdone myself, I think I really did a good job. I listened to it last week. I went up to the studio and just listened to it and there isn’t nothing I wouldn’t change on it and if I had a chance to do it again it would turn out the same, I love it.

WOS: Saying that is there anybody that you wanted to get on the album that couldn’t get on there?

Frayser Boy: There a lot of people that I wanted to get on the album, but if I had the chance to get everybody on the album I wouldn’t have any room for myself ya know what im saying. So many people that I would love to work with but I guess as my career goes on I get a chance to get with em sometime.

Feb 23, 2003
WOS: So do you plan to have a chopped and screwed version of this album done as well?

Frayser Boy: Oh yeah fa sho, the first album Gone On That Bay is in stores right now and there is a chopped and screwed version for that and of course the Me Being Me you probably see the chopped & screwed in stores maybe a month or two after it come out.

WOS: So do you like chopped & screwed music, do you bump that in the ride?

Frayser Boy: Man I love that man, common man I got that drank, come on man it sound good Chopped & screwed.

Frayser Boy: Laughs

Frayser Boy : I got that drank, I can’t do nothing but be chopped and screwed I be on that natural chopped & screwed. I can hear music regular and it just sounds chopped & screwed.

Laughs

WOS: With your first album You pushed 85K plus independent.

Frayser Boy: yeah, yeah in March when I checked it, it was at 85 so it probably higher then that. I haven’t looked at it lately but I’m pretty sure it still moving a couple something. I’m hoping sales will go back on that when this new album come out.

WOS: Was you satisfied with those numbers?

Frayser Boy: Yeah man, was I satisfied? No promotion, no video, no nothing they surprised me. I sold way more then I thought I should do. maybe I was just doubting myself.

WOS: With this album are you going to go out and do actual promotion and stuff because you did the video for it?

Frayser Boy: Well, yeah on this album right here it’s through Asylum/Warner Bros so as far as I having a video and ya know doing interviews, doing more promotions. I actually have a street team now. yeah of course I’m going to do more promotion with this. Hopefully I can push more units.

WOS: How do you think that you’ve evolved as an artist since your first album?

Frayser Boy: Man from the first album to now man I been doing a lot of things and got more things that I did before the first album that I just wrote about I and I feel like ya know I learned more between albums.

WOS: How long do you see yourself rapping for?

Frayser Boy: Probably as long as I can ride it. As long as I can speak hopefully. As long as I can milk it man. Right now I can just see me doing this for a minute. It’s all I got.

WOS: See I heard that you may do an album with Lil’ Wyte. Is there any truth to that?

Frayser Boy: Yeah, yeah that’s true we gonna come out with album together. Hopefully we gone start working on it in a couple of months. It should be out later on this year or the first of next year. It gonna be called the B.A.R. the Bay Area Representers.

WOS: You got the album dropping July 12 th you got the..

Frayser Boy: Yes, July 12 th in stores. Me Being Me.

WOS: You gonna do any tours, shows, ya know?

Frayser Boy: Aww man I’m doing shows right now on the weekends so that

WOS: So is there anything that you wanna mention that we may of forgot?

Frayser Boy: Man GO GET THE ALBUM! Me Being Me new Frayser Boy in stores July 12 th. If you ain’t got my first album it in stores now. The regular version and the chopped & screwed, so go cop that if you ain’t got that. GO!