Do you think it is important for a kid to have a pet that gets old and dies?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I don't know. I wish I could have had the chance to learn about death through a pet though. Unfortunately at 4 years old I was already dealing with human death. Maybe that's why I can't/don't fear death.

MOSA

Sicc OG
May 18, 2002
Yeah, I think it is my lil sis is going threw that right now..all 5 of her pets died...the weird thing is the dogs that die, they all have died in the same spot in the back yard???????

May 9, 2002
MOSA said:
Yeah, I think it is my lil sis is going threw that right now..all 5 of her pets died...the weird thing is the dogs that die, they all have died in the same spot in the back yard???????
that sounds like some shady shit is going on....

....and um....i don't know if it will teach them alot about death....i had pets when i was young, but i don't remember them dying and me learning anything...

...i learned about death from my dad dying when i was 12.....

..and what did i learn??..it's a bitch

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
I GOT 2 VIEWS ON THIS SHIT...

1. I DONT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA PHOR A KID TO GET A PET THAT THEY GET ATTACHED TO, PHOR IT TO JUST DIE AND THEY GET ALL SAD AN SHIT...

2. IT DO TEACH THEWM TO DEAL WITH DEATH AND ACCEPT IT AS A PART OPH LIPHE...IT GO BOTH WAYS...

...ABA

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
thats an awesome pic, you always got the best sigs Tim, lol.

I learned more form my dad dyin to... but when i had a cat for a long time (before my dad went) i was real sad, but i did learn about what it feels like to loose someone or something you care about, and thats why i know how to find true friends. They are the ones who pull you thru life with what they got.

MOSA

Sicc OG
May 18, 2002
^^^^^^^THAT WAS COOL DEF. OF A FRIEND LIKE THAT

yup! my pops died when i was 14 but it still feels like the shit happened two sec. ago.....I never had a pet that died when I was young ..and I only knew about death cause of the place i grew up in....but yeah it is a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Especially if you and that person was air tight!!!!!!!!!!! i was a daddys girl and still am..........

Apr 25, 2002
I don't think it's "important"

When I have kids I'm not gonna buy them a pet just so that it will die and they will learn something from it, that sounds really inhumane.

I do think that it is educational for a kid to experience the death of their pet but like I said...I wouldnt buy a pet and hope for it to die so my kids will learn something from it.