DJ QUIK & KURUPT - BLAQKOUT 7.0 out of 10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
DJ Quik and Kurupt Blaqkout by DJ Pimp
When you put a gifted rapper with an amazing producer ala Dr Dre and Eminem, or RZA with Method Man, even Timbaland and Missy Elliot, chances are you are gonna have a classic record. That brings me to the review of two West Coast legends, DJ Quik and Kurupt. Talk about 2 veterans comin’ together. I knew before I even listened that the beats were gonna be on point. I mean, when has Quik ever let anyone down when it comes to the slaps? Answer…NEVER. My only question was which Kurupt is gonna show up to the studio; would it be the monster who could murk just about anyone in the 90's or would it be the one who had known to get a little lazy at times and not bring it one hundred percent? As soon as I hit play on the iPOD, I had my answer. Quik brought the goods as usual. The beats are very tight, and his flow seems to get better each year. Kurupt doesn’t really put it on smash like the good old days, but this kid still has it. He shines on tracks like, “F*** Yall,” and on songs like, “9X Outta 10,” where he seems to just be goin’ thru the motions. My favorite track on the record is, “Do You Know,” which is a banger in any era. I love Quik and Kurupt as solo artists, but as a team they both bring somethin’ to the table. There are only 13 songs on the album, but it's a fun record. If you love that West Coast party music, then you'll enjoy this one. For Shizzle my Nizzle.

Words By DJ PIMP