Daniel Pearl

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
damn...

I just found out on howard stern..

his captives slit his neck.... on video...

i say get the nukes ready...

as if 911 wasn't enough...

whats your take ??

rest in peace...

A

askgarcia

reporters know the risks being all up in the mix...and i read somewhere that the guy was a spy...i dont have any more info i just glanced at it somewhere...can anyone input more on the situation?

Apr 25, 2002
fucked up..

KARACHI, Pakistan (CNN) -- Slain American journalist Daniel Pearl discussed his Jewish heritage and made propaganda statements, under apparent duress, on a roughly produced videotape that also contained violent footage of his death.

CNN Correspondent Connie Chung viewed a copy of the videotape Tuesday. The tape included a direct threat to target other Americans if the demands of Pearl's kidnappers aren't met.

The original videotape was sent to Pakistani authorities last week, who turned it over to U.S. officials. The copy, which lasted three minutes and 15 seconds, was more than 30 seconds shorter than the original videotape, but sources authenticated it as consistent with the original.

The tape began with the Wall Street Journal reporter saying, "My name is Daniel Pearl. I'm a Jewish-American. My father is Jewish. My mother is Jewish. I am a Jew." Then, looking at the camera, he recounted numerous family visits to Israel and noted that a street in a town in Israel was named after his great-grandfather, who was one of the founders of the town.

Pearl's kidnappers had accused him of being an agent for the CIA and for the Mossad, Israel's intelligence agency. The Wall Street Journal and the U.S. government adamantly denied that he was a spy.

Following the discussion of Pearl's heritage, there was a clear edit in the tape. Pearl can be seen looking at the camera and struggling to make statements from memory.

"Not knowing anything about my situation, not being able to communicate with anybody, and only now do I think about some of the people in Guantanamo Bay. They must be in a similar situation, and I have come to realize that this is the sort of problem that Americans are going to have anywhere in the world now," he said.

Among the demands Pearl's kidnappers had made is that Pakistani nationals being held by the U.S. military at the Guantanamo Bay base in Cuba be released. The detainees are associated with the al Qaeda network and the deposed Taliban government of Afghanistan.

Pearl then looked off camera and makes this statement: "We can't be secure, we can't walk around free, as long as our government policies are continuing and we allow them to continue."

There is another clear edit in the tape, and Pearl then is shown saying, "We as Americans cannot continue to bear the consequences of our government's actions, such as the unconditional support of the state of Israel."

In the tape, Pearl does not appear to have been beaten. In some segments, his hair is mussed, while in others, it is slicked back.

The section of the videotape where Pearl is seen speaking lasts about 90 seconds. As he speaks, pictures of bodies and funerals and words, such as "Afghanistan," are superimposed on the screen.

According to Chung, that portion of the tape is then followed by a 50-second section containing graphic scenes of violence against Pearl.

"I will not describe [the violent scenes] out of respect to Daniel Pearl and his family," Chung said.

Other sources who have viewed the tape said the it shows Pearl being stabbed and decapitated, although it is unclear whether he was still alive at the time. His body has not been found.

After the violence sequence, a picture of Pearl appears on the tape with a title -- National Movement for the Restoration of Pakistan's Sovereignty -- superimposed on the screen. That group claimed responsibility for Pearl's kidnapping.

The group's demands then scroll from the bottom to the top of the screen, including demands that Pakistanis at Guantanamo be released, that the U.S. presence in Pakistan end and that F-16 fighters -- which Pakistan purchased from the United States but never received -- be delivered.

The tape ends with a threat that if these demands aren't met, what happened to Pearl could happen to other Americans in Pakistan.

Apr 25, 2002
ya it was fucked up and what worse the news expolits the guys death to start nuclar war... rip to dnaiel tho even the pakistani civlians are saying that was stupid to kill a journalist Pakistanis dont wanna kill civlians they wanna kill bush's pupets..

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
IT AINT THAT EASY AS GETTIN NUKES READY, WE ONLY GOT SO MANY ENEMIES OVER THERE...WE ARE BATTLIN TERRORIST GROUPS NOT THE WHOLE COUNTRY...ALSO IPH THEY COMPOSED THE 9/11 ATTACCS WITHOUT AMERICA STRIKING AT THEM PHIRST, IMAGINE THE SHIT WE'D BE GOIN THROUGH IPH WE WERE PHIGHTING THE WHOLE COUNTRY, ITS TOO RISKY I THINK...ABA

E

Epitaph

Its funny how they say that they are killing americans because we do nouthing to change the poletics of our sociery. Yet here we have americans saying that its not the packistani peoples responsibility to change the poletics of theirs. I say fuck them. They don't want war with us. They try to scare us I say maybe we should decapitate a few m/f in guantanamo bay.

Apr 25, 2002
I saw the video where they slit his neck. I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAW THEM DOING IT.. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, someone posted it up on another board. They lay him down and go straight through his neck then they hold it up on the screen. I thought I was watching the censored version that was shown on CBS but nope I saw the real thing..I was just speechless....

Apr 25, 2002
@ m-phive

if you harbor a enemy terrotrist.. your the enemy as well

i say they better dig a deep fall out shelter

i don't want a nuc' war as much as the next man

but this is gett'in silly..

@ africa

were'd you see the video??

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Actually they cut his neck twice. The first time they had camera difficulties and didn't "get it". The cutter had to hold Pearl's neck piece together for one more shot. After the camera issues were solved, he slit his neck a second time for film.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I would like to see it unedited. I was very disappointed with it. Decapitation just isn't what it used to be.