BIG MIKE of the GETO BOYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
BIG MIKE of the GETO BOYS
"SOMETHIN SERIOUS"

this is an old ass classic...str8 old school playa/gangsta shit

i still bump this album to this day.

if you a youngsta just comin up, swoop the old classic shit, can't know about the future until you know the past...

"Member of the divergent Rap-A-Lot Records family, based in Houston, Big Mike (aka Michael Banks) first made his name with the Geto Boys. Members Scarface and Bushwick Bill hired him to take the place of Willie D. after a fallout within the group. Mike appeared on the 1993 album Uncut Dope, and began his solo career one year later with Somethin' Serious, recorded for Rap-A-Lot. When the label signed a deal with Virgin, Big Mike moved as well. His second album, Still Serious, hit the Top 20 upon release in April 1997."

http://shop.samgoody.com/site/catalog/catalog.jsp?prodid=000158887&catid=cat000126

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
Somethin Serious was one of the many classicc albums i came up on....

me and my son even be rollin to "havin thangs".....

THAT ALBUM IS JUST SOME REAL HUSTLE MUSICC....

d-locc

B

Blackjack 1577

Big Mike's first album was off tha hook!!!! His last album hard to hit was dope too.

Feb 19, 2003
DBM said:
big mike's album is truely a classic, but "play witcha mama" by willie d. ist even better
Yeah, that's the best solo CD Willie D. made (although CONTROVERSY had some cuts, too). "Creepin'", "Throat", "Laughin' At Cha", "Guess My Religion", "I Wanna Fuck Yo Mama", and "I Ain't Changin' Shit" were my jams back in the summer of '94!!!

PEACE!