49ers roster cuts......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
49ers Make Cuts print

Chrissy Mauck

To get down to the NFL mandatory 53-man roster, the 49ers announced Saturday that they have waived 22 players and placed one player on injured reserve. The roster moves leaves San Francisco with a 52-man roster and one extra position to fill.

The 49ers waived 14 veterans, four first-year players, four rookies and placed seventh-round draft pick CB Vickiel Vaughn on injured reserve with a tendon injury.

The waived veterans are WR Otis Amey, QB Gibran Hamdan, RB Terry Jackson, CB Derrick Johnson, TE Terry Jones, DE Lance Legree, WR Rasheed Marshall, LB Jim Maxwell, WR Marcus Maxwell, WR Jason McAddley, CB Kris Richard, G Ben Sobieski, P Tom Rouen and LB Corey Smith.

The waived first-year players are LB Sarth Benoit, FB Zack Keasey, DE Scott Scharff and T Sam Wilder.

The waived rookies are T Bobby Harris, LB Bobby Iwuchukwu, DT Bobby Payne and T Tavares Washington.

A total of 20 new players made the 49ers final roster including eight of the team’s nine 2006 draft picks.
Im disappointed in waiving Derrick Johnson, im sure hes gonna get picked up quick, A little suprised on Corey Smith and Jim Maxwell and Marcus Maxwell tho..........

Glad Roen got dumped tho

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
WR Greg Lee , WR Jerome Pathon, WR P.K. SamLB Keith Adams, WR Justin McCullum, CB Pete Hunter, WR Darius Watts , WR Rod Gardner, DT Junior Siavii, FB Fred Beasley , LB Monty Beisel, LB Chad Brown, CB Eric Warfield, WR Willie Ponder, CB Ray Mickens, CB Duane Starks, LB Danny Clark, LB Ryan Riddle, WR Jabar Gaffney, WR Darnerien McCants, S J.R. Reed, CB Matt Ware, Andre Lott,, WR Tyrone Calico,

^ all players i wouldnt mind having, what yall think?

Dec 22, 2004
We need some secondary help any one there I wouldnt mind....We have an open roster spot so Nolan and them are looking on the wire

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
We also have 2 FBs on the team, we needa let go of hetherington.

Moran Norris is decent, and if he went down, Delanie Walker and TE Billy Bajema could be the backup FB.

I think we should Cut Cut Walt Harris and grab CB Eric Warfield, that would be an instant upgrade, i also really believe Eric Johnson will be traded sometime this year, with the coming around of Delanie Walker.

WR Greg Lee would be a real nice upgrade over Battle as a #2, since Battle cant seem to stay healthy

Apr 25, 2002
Battle is garbage whether he's healthy or not.

They should have tried for Branch or at least Doug Gabriel. They need to make a move because they need another WR. Porter would be nice, but they're all high on wasting draft picks and it doesn't look like they're willing to give the Raiders a mid rounder for him.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
From what has been seen, the raiders want at least a 1st for Porter, which they obviously dont want to part with for him, Branch would have had to sign a contract with us, which he didnt do, he was contacted by SF and showed no interest, but yet showed some towards the JETS? lol

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Green, Roderick LB 6-2 245 3 Central Missouri State

^ just picked up off waivers .......

Apr 25, 2002
They want a first rounder for a guy who doesn't want to be on their squad? What a bunch of idiots. I was thinking 3rd rounder. What a bunch of idiots.

And maybe Branch wanted to be in NY. Who knows.

Either way, they need to go after another receiver, cuz if Battle remains #2 it shows we have NOBODY besides Antonio Bryant.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
^ i agree...........

but nolan said teams have approached with trades for OL and TE (most likely, Smiley, Kwame, and EJ) and turned em down