????? 4 THE PUBLIC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
The rap game is missing...

COMPLETE ALBUMS!!! Complete albums include 1)a good artist 2)solid production usually from one main producer and a few others 3)good features on songs where the guest artist(s) compliment the main artist and actually stay on subject on what the song is about 4)the right amount of songs. The best rap cds/tapes usually have around 13-15 tracks on them. 5)passion for the music. Anyone can go to a studio and make some bullshit. But not everyone can rap from the heart and go against what the mainstream is brainwashing us with. Do you and let the chips fall where they may.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mar 3, 2008
See i knew Tay grew up on eastcoast lyrics. Im pro westcoast and i have to admit they had the best patterns in the late 80's and early 90's!!! Thats why Tay, Yuk, Game have the illest type deliverys because they were fans of early eastcoast rap that concetrated more on lyrics then beats, on west we concetrated more on beats generally speaking. Tay just do you, the mob shit to me kinda sound ninetys now maine, I loved your dosia album westcoast trippen shit you were on and your Kingpin Only was the dopest i think you were on but i didnt feel the moment of truths or the album with Laroo, lyrics was there but not the beats, ha like a eastcoast album. ha. you still one of the dopest Tay but thats my 2cent, get you some beats man from a hardhitta!!!!

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
It's missing subjects.

Most songs are just a bunch of rhymes put together about women, money, and selling drugs. The titles of the tracks don't mean much anymore, cause all sound the same.

I'm missing some deep tracks about real subjects.

Jun 14, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
Plain and simple, quality music. 90% of rap is so fucking irritating, back in the day, 90% of rap was quality. It's not because back then, commercial music was hard (though, I love the hard shit, that's not what it's all about for me). It's because every aspect of a song was perfect. The lyrics, delivery, and the beats were perfect. The game is over saturated with crap (which is something we all can agree on), these days, rappers don't take their time to write a quality song and make a classic album.

Back in the day, rappers told stories that listeners could relate to and picture in their heads. I'm not saying that talking about having money is a bad thing, hell, when I was growing up, listening to songs like that made me more ambitious and work to make a success out of myself. But songs talking about making money back then compared to songs talking about making money now, were completely different. A story was told about where that rapper started out at and how he became a success, and speaking for me personally, I could listen to a song like that and say at the beginning of the song, "hey, that's me, that's where I'm at right now" and by the end of the song say, "that's where I'm going to be." Beats back then were sick, beats now are pretty much wack. Back in the day, you could listen to an album from the first track to the last, all the way thru. Most albums now, you can find maybe 5 songs that you can like/relate to and the rest you just skip thru.

It's no mystery that I rarely listen to rap nowadays, mainly because of the reasons I stated above, but I'll buy a Tay Capone record anytime of the week, anytime of the day. And I'm not ass kissing, I'm just being real. There's not many rappers I can say that about. Real recoginizes real.

i think whats missing are teh artists taking control and rocking they own album. too often the artists are focusing on making money off the album first before trying to satisfy themselves. i think they should focus on quality albums that they like and can relate to instead of jumping on the popular bandwagon. now this doesnt always apply to just the lyrics but bringing in artists to feature on their album when their styles are way different and the artists dont even really know each other. what i want is less features on albums and make those features consist mainly of close folks. if im buying a killa tay album i want to hear cbo or guce and not some artist whos big on the radio. if im buying a yukmouth cd i want to hear the regime and not some lil jon or tpain type shit.