Gears of War: Exile

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Epic Games has filed three trademarks for something called Gears of War: Exile.

The filings, which were first spotted by Siliconera, are registered for "Video game software," "Series of computer game hint books and instruction manuals," and "T-shirts."

A logo for the trademark was also filed:

While still unconfirmed, Gears of War: Exile could be the rumored Gears of War Kinect title that was supposed to debut at the Video Game Awards Show in December.

A Microsoft representative told IGN the company has "no news to share at this time" when asked about the trademark.

Earlier this morning, the Gears of War Triple Pack was announced for Xbox 360. The pack includes Gears of War, Gears of War 2 and the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection.

Gears of War 3 is set to launch in Holiday 2011.
Let the speculation begin.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I felt they really dropped the ball with the online interface for GoW2's MP, the first had a very dated lobby system but was still worlds better than the sequels broken MP. The campaign was ok, but this series is about the MP.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
This doesn't have to do with either the first or second game, and will likely have an updated matching system like the 3rd sequel.

The beef you have is being fixed for the third game.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
This doesn't have to do with either the first or second game
This is possibly about the another game in the series correct? MP has been a staple in both of the games so far, am I honestly reaching that much by assuming MP will be a part of this game?

and will likely have an updated matching system like the 3rd sequel.
The beef you have is being fixed for the third game.
This is speculation, you even ended your post with "Let the speculation begin." why are my gripes about their MP interface so off topic when this entire thread is merely about a new trademarked name? :ermm: They literally went from bad to worse with the sequel, excuse me for losing faith in Epic after they dropped the MP ball, a ball in which they never had a firm grip on in the first place.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
This is possibly about the another game in the series correct? MP has been a staple in both of the games so far, am I honestly reaching that much by assuming MP will be a part of this game?

This is speculation, you even ended your post with "Let the speculation begin." why are my gripes about their MP interface so off topic when this entire thread is merely about a new trademarked name? :ermm: They literally went from bad to worse with the sequel, excuse me for losing faith in Epic after they dropped the MP ball, a ball in which they never had a form grip on in the first place.
When Gears of War 2 launched in 2008, matchmaking was painfully slow and sometimes failed entirely. Difficulties with the network code exacerbated the previous game's lopsided host/client-based connection system. The flow from game to game was choppy and full of dead ends. Glitches, bugs and cheating were endemic. Many hardcore Gears of War fans (along with casual fans and newcomers) abandoned Gears 2's multiplayer mode entirely. The community made its voice heard loudly on the official Gears forums and elsewhere on the web.

The Hotness

Dedicated Servers
Host Migration
Cloud-based profiles
Persistent parties
Public Beta in 2011

But rather than stick with the status quo for the final game in the Gears trilogy, Epic has decided to ditch the current host/client system in favor of dedicated servers, run by Epic, that will handle all of the matchmaking neutrally for players worldwide. Gamers can now count on a distant computer to crunch all those ping, latency and bandwidth numbers for them instead of having it done by a single player's code. In theory, dedicated servers should remove one team's advantage over another based solely on internet connection. (This is known in Gears as "host advantage," a phrase uttered in a derisive tone normally reserved for Jar-Jar Binks and Justin Bieber.)

When Title Update 6 rolled out for Gears of War 2, Epic began secretly bringing some of these new dedicated servers online and testing them in the real world. Remember that recent match where you were convinced the other team was winning because they had host advantage? Maybe. Maybe not.

Dedicated servers are a huge change for Gears of War 3, and that addition alone probably would have satisfied a large contingent of the series' fans and critics. But Epic is going all-out with its multiplayer overhaul, leaving many of the choices made for Gears 2 in the dust.
I said what I said because I was aware of the position Epic has taken into fixing their multiplayer issues. It would be a terrible oversight for them to release a game with the old shitty multiplayer aspects AFTER releasing the third game in a series and correcting the issues in that game.

I speculate the system this title will come out on and what role it will play in the Gears series canon.

Kinect? Windows Phone 7?

New title means NEW GAMEPLAY, nothing along the lines of Gears of War Ultimate.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Ok that is good to know that they are trying to remedy the MP issues, but what is Cloud? I think Exile could possibly be a 3DS title because Microsoft has repeatedly said they have no desire to move into the handheld market & don't view the DS as competition.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Ok that is good to know that they are trying to remedy the MP issues, but what is Cloud? I think Exile could possibly be a 3DS title because Microsoft has repeatedly said they have no desire to move into the handheld market & don't view the DS as competition.
Google cloud computing. It's most likely gonna be some gears profile or something that you can use wherever and add whoever, see updates, see who's playing, etc.