Car Registration Fees...???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2004
say i'm having a car sold to me for $200 (97 toyota corolla) and its registration expires next month. so next week i go to the dmv (CA) to transfer the car title to my name and get my new sticker....you guys have any idea how much that would cost? i already went on dmv's website but i dont wanna answer their questions....i dont trust the godforsaken money grubbing anti christ that is the dmv...but yeah any ballpark estimate what i would be paying?

Mar 12, 2006
say i'm having a car sold to me for $200 (97 toyota corolla) and its registration expires next month. so next week i go to the dmv (CA) to transfer the car title to my name and get my new sticker....you guys have any idea how much that would cost? i already went on dmv's website but i dont wanna answer their questions....i dont trust the godforsaken money grubbing anti christ that is the dmv...but yeah any ballpark estimate what i would be paying?
i literally just did this 4 days ago.....

from an alaska plate to register to washington

and it was right around 300 dollars.

expect no less than 250.............

Mar 12, 2006
whaaah?!? even if it were already a cali plated car still being reregistered in cali and i only paid 200 for it...does that make a difference? fuck that pisses me offf
the value of the car might lower the title transfer...

but probably not too significantly..

registration will prolly cost more than the actual car

oh and did you go through emissions yet??

thats another 150 minimum if you don't pass

Apr 25, 2002
i believe, a car needs to be smog checked every 2 years.. so if dude didn't do it last year.. you gotta do it.. and if you fail.. you can't renew your reg till you get it fixed.. lol.. somethin' like that.

Nov 6, 2005
i literally just did this 4 days ago.....

from an alaska plate to register to washington

and it was right around 300 dollars.

expect no less than 250.............
Thats insanely HIGH. I had my car title transfered into my name, and had the emmissions and inspections done, and with everything, new plates, stickers, safety, it was like 120. 50 something for the safety, and 60-70 for the title. I even payed for a temp plate because the bitch fucked up the first time i went in (go figure).

Mar 12, 2006
insanely high..

thats how i stay.

i believe, a car needs to be smog checked every 2 years.. so if dude didn't do it last year.. you gotta do it.. and if you fail.. you can't renew your reg till you get it fixed.. lol.. somethin' like that.
but anyways,

godzilla know whats up.

you ...CAN drive without all that shit..

but have fun getting your thousand plus in fines when you get pulled over for something stupid like a headlight out...

my car failed emissions, and you either have to pass it, or have $150 in work done towards fixing the problem and you can get a waiver for it.

but you cant register it other wise.

therefore, you can't get it insured,

thus concluding, you get pulled over, or especially, get in an accident and you are FUCKED.