JL Audio 8W7s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=1

Havent been in the car audio game in a minute. Lookin to put together a system when I get a new car in a week. I'm thinkin about going with the JL 8w7s. I'm thinkin I'll probably put three in a sealed box with each one facing out at 130 angles.. so one will be facing the very front of the car (say north) one will be facing the passenger seat (northeast) and one will be facing the driver seat (northwest).

Does anyone have/heard these speakers? I'm sure they sound clean as fuck. JL makes quality speakers.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Did you just ask yourself a question? And yes, they're really clear, but no more clear than M-Class Memphis subs that are much less expensive. Plus they're designed with dual-flexes, unlike the JL's above.

MALKI

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
May 2, 2002
well I was gonna go with the 3 because they design the w7 series speakers to be played with 3 subs. At least that's how it was when they started making those speakers 10 years ago... I went to a car audio trade school and that's all they fucked with in the shop was those JLs. And they hit hard as fuck. Bass was crisp and low. but seeing as how they're 300 a pop, there's no way I could swing that.

lol@that dude's entire car shaking. I bet them subs rattled the fillings out his teeth.

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
I would go with one 10 or 12W7.....I'm thinkin about the same setup with the 500/1 JL amp. I'm just not too crazy about weighing the ass end of my car down or else I would of already pulled the trigger... :ermm: