TREOS- The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi (August 7th)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
No leak yet, sorry. But they have Saturnus and The Crop & The Pest up on their myspace right now.
http://www.myspace.com/thereceivingendofsirens

Saturnus has a CirSur feel to it and The Crop is pretty damn good, reminds me a lot of This Armistice.
I'm not going to think it's going to be anywhere on the level of Between the Heart & The Synapse with Casey being gone and them not getting a new singer, but Brendan's still one of my favorite songwriters so it should be a good album regardless.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Wow, this album is fucking great. I mean, I liked TREOS quite abit before and thought BTHATS was a really good album, but this album is on a whole different level.

Seriously, good stuff.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
Why is that Jake? Did you like BTHATS?
probably in my top 15 rock albums of all time. fuckin love that album

with that said...without casey it might as well be a band i have never even heard of. so i cant get excited for an album from a band in which i dont know what kind of sound to expect as far as vocals go. sure i like TREOS,but 80% of that reason is casey has some of the best vocals around. so who knows. wasnt trying to say i wont like it. just not going to anticipate or get excited over something that is a unknown to me.

it would be like tellin me tool has a new album coming out but maynard isnt singing for them...how am i supposed to be happy over that?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I feel you. While I do like Casey and think he was by far the best singer in the group I liked how all the band members joined in singing and took turns. You can't say that with Tool.

If Casey would have been on this album it would have been great, but muiscly speaking overall I think this is a lot better album then BTHATS.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I don't have any internet right now, thank the good people at comcast. Just DLd it right now, Im stealing internet from my friend's house. Can't wait to hear it.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
you are talkin to the wrong person...i bleed comcast. best service i have ever had,never had ONE problem

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
this album does nothing for me...extremely average. no tracks really stand out to me.

i know for a fact that this album will grow on me and eventually i will lik eit but for now there is nothing i heard that makes me want to listen to it again anytime soon

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
How did I already know you were going to say something along those lines lol.

Just kidding.

I think it's way better then the first one, minus Casey not being on it. The actual music (guitars, drums, etc) are better 10 fold in my opinion. Maybe it's because I'm more into that kind of stuff these days then the actual vocals. I go through phases like that, sometimes I can almost totally tune the vocals out and just listen to the instruments. Or I can just throw on some post-rock, that's easier lol.

All that being said, as of right now I still like the new Dear Hunter album better then this one. So figure that one out.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i'm done trying to like this album...keep forcing myself to listen to it thinking something will change but it never does. think i am come to the grips with the fact that i just dont like it

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
my friend drew this, it's inspired by Stay Small.

Son, I'm sorry for this world,
And all the awful things she'll do to you.
If you only knew what you'd endure before you were born,
I haven't got a single doubt,
You would have not come out,
And I would have known it was for the better.

You'll be raped of any evidence,
Of ever owning any innocence.
This culture's a vulture,
And your prime candidate for prey.
I've learned that I will lose all that I've ever loved one day,
But I never thought I'd ever have to watch it all go,
Or wish it all away.

I know you''ll grow,
But I wish I knew you'd stay small if I said so.
Please just don't grow.
Please just don't grow.
Stay small.
Won't you stay small?

Daddy's little girl met the world,
I watched the devil do his work.
If only she knew just how sorry I was for her.
I found not a single prayer,
Could save my daughter from despair,
As long as she stayed in love with this place.

It's because I truly love her,
That I wish to take back the sperm,
That brought her here in the first place.
Little did I know when the egg met the semen,
That my new baby girl,
Like her dad would dance with demons.

We watch the devil do his work in us.
I watch the devil do his work.