Storm Comes out of Retirement

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
PWI wrote:
LANCE STORM COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT FOR RING OF HONOR
by Mike Johnson @ 1:00:00 AM on 1/24/2006

Former ECW, WCW, and WWE star Lance Storm will come out of retirement on Saturday 4/1 for Ring of Honor to challenge ROH champion American Dragon Bryan Danielson at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, Illinois.

When contacted for comment this evening, ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky said, "Lance Storm is the epitome of the kind of wrestler we like to promote in ROH. He is all business, no frills and just a great wrestler. When we did the angle with Bryan Danielson and Lance Storm last December, I really didn't think Lance would come out of retirement to wrestle for ROH. I was really surprised when he contacted me this week and expressed interest in wrestling Bryan Danielson. I think that says a lot of Danielson's skill when someone like Lance Storm comes out of retirement to wrestle you. I'm really looking for this match because you are going to see Lance finally wrestle without any restraints. April 1st in Chicago is just going to be two great athletes competing for their love of pro wrestling."

Storm retired in June 2005 after the ECW One Night Stand PPV in New York City. He made an appearance at ROH's 12/3 event in New York, where he praised the ROH product and Danielson in particular. Storm came to the ring and congratulated Danielson. Storm said that for some time, fans have been asking why he retired and he's never given a clear answer but the truth is he retired because he wasn't allowed to have the type of matches that he wanted to have and he wasn't put into a position to have matches he could be proud of, like the ones Danielson and ROH put on. He noted he was proud to have left at One Night Stand with a match on his terms against Chris Jericho. He offered Danielson his hand. Danielson refused and said that he wouldn't shake it on Storm's terms. Danielson talked about wrestling and putting on the type of matches that he wanted on his terms and would only shake Storm's hand on Danielson's terms. He asked that all the fans stand up and give Storm the respect he deserves for inspiring the wrestlers who came after him, then as the fans gave Storm a standing ovation, they shook hands. The crowd changed, "One More Match" at Storm."

That appearance was done to tease a potential Storm vs. Danielson match if the company could coax Storm out of retirement. Storm had noted publicly that it would have to be a special circumstance to get him back in the ring, as he liked the idea of his final match being against Chris Jericho, who was Storm's opponent in his first professional wrestling bout. He contacted ROH earlier this week about working with Danielson.

During his career, Storm held the ECW World Tag Team championship with the late Chris Candido and Justin Credible, the WCW United States championship, the WCW Cruiserweight championship, the WCW Hardcore championship, the WWF Intercontinental title, and the WWE World Tag Team championships with Christian and William Regal. Towards the latter part of his WWE run, Storm was training talent in Ohio Valley Wrestling.

Since announcing his retirement, Storm has been training students in his hometown of Calgary. For information on his school, visit www.StormWrestling.com.

For ticket information on the 4/1 ROH event, visit www.ROHWrestling.com.

The ROH event will be running head-to-head with the WWE's annual Hall of Fame ceremony that will also be taking place that evening. Other names booked for the show include AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong, Matt Sydal, Delirious, Abyss, and Jimmy Rave.

Sep 1, 2003
lance storm is garbage....remember when stone cold came out an took a nap while that fool was wrestling ? lmao.....borrring

May 11, 2002
He was very exciting to watch earlier in his career. He wasn't too bad in WCW either. WWE makes everyone on their roster wrestle a very watered down style.A perfect example is limiting the cruiserweights to not using any of their high risk moves.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
That was classic in WCW when Lance put Canadian flags on all the belts he won and every time WCW rolled through Canada, Lance got fuckin worshipped. I remember one Nitro when Lance probably had one of the top 10 pops i've ever heard when they went to Canada.