Jay-Z to launch Roc-A-Fella West

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2005
Kanye may not be the only "West' in Roc-A-Fella come 2006, StreetHop.com has received word that Jay-Z is considering starting Roc-A-Fella West under Def Jam. The first artist signed to the label would be Immense, a protege of Kurupt from the Dogg Pound. Jigga has also been scouting other talent in the Bay Area.

2006 is shaping up to be a good year for the west coast, with major releases from Dr. Dre, The Game, Ice Cube, E-40, Yukmouth, Spider Loc, Lil' E, Guerilla Black, Crooked I, Cognito and more.

Aug 4, 2002
hella_numb said:
wouldnt kurupt sign that dude to death row if he was that tight?
Kurupt aint on deathrow anymore. And Jay better get the East part of Rocafella/Dej Jam poppin first, cuz they ain't movin units like they used to.

Oct 10, 2004
man when are people onna learn to quit it
hey i loved kurupt when i was kid his shit was dope but its now 2005 and he cant sell 100,000 copies even if his life depended on it why the fuck would jay z sign him?cuz they wanna keep the west down what better way to do it then to sign washed up rap vets pump em up a lil like were gonna bring it back rocafella west baby then when the album drops no radio play no promotion and no sales then the cancelation of the entire label then everyone will be on that same old shit sayin the west fell off and noone will give us love for another ten years again

SIGN FRESH TALENT BITCHES LET THE REAL WEST COAST SHINE NOT THESE WASHUP HASBEENS

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
TUNEZ_PWP said:
man when are people onna learn to quit it
hey i loved kurupt when i was kid his shit was dope but its now 2005 and he cant sell 100,000 copies even if his life depended on it why the fuck would jay z sign him?cuz they wanna keep the west down what better way to do it then to sign washed up rap vets pump em up a lil like were gonna bring it back rocafella west baby then when the album drops no radio play no promotion and no sales then the cancelation of the entire label then everyone will be on that same old shit sayin the west fell off and noone will give us love for another ten years again

SIGN FRESH TALENT BITCHES LET THE REAL WEST COAST SHINE NOT THESE WASHUP HASBEENS
yup jay-z needa fuck wit The Team or Dem Hoodstars and all the other cats out tha bay that puts it down and just needs a major to back them

Nov 5, 2004
So...is the West coast not good enough to be considered regular rocafella? Why does there have to be a seperate entity for the west?

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
D-Rose said:
So...is the West coast not good enough to be considered regular rocafella? Why does there have to be a seperate entity for the west?
this aint rocafella its def jam just like they got a def jam south

Nov 5, 2004
yee said:
this aint rocafella its def jam just like they got a def jam south
The thread says rocafella west, not def jam west. Thats my point anyway. Why do they gotta seperate the labels based on region/sound? Cuz the west and south don't sound east coast? Its all hip hop.

Oh well, Jay Hova has more money than Jehova anyway. And he obviously has good business sense. If this happens, hopefully it gives us some shine.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
D-Rose said:
The thread says rocafella west, not def jam west. Thats my point anyway. Why do they gotta seperate the labels based on region/sound? Cuz the west and south don't sound east coast? Its all hip hop.

Oh well, Jay Hova has more money than Jehova anyway. And he obviously has good business sense. If this happens, hopefully it gives us some shine.
my bad hommie i misread wat dood posted it was rocafella west

May 16, 2002
And Jay better get the East part of Rocafella/Dej Jam poppin first, cuz they ain't movin units like they used to.
I think that speaks for the whole music industry, not just Roc-A-Fella / Def Jam. With the exeption of a few (very few) here and there.