Amnesty International...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 17, 2004
an organization which was started during the vietnam war and it's objective was getting people to protest the war. its now a widely known international peace organization. from what i know it is a very biased organization but is still used as a legitimate source for information by many people.

im a supporter but recognize, realize, it's a very biased source.

Jul 10, 2002
^^^
Do you subscribe or read any of their periodicals or website? What is the bias? (I'm pretty involved and a big supported, and the only bias that I see is against human rights violations) explain further please...

Jun 17, 2004
Jomodo said:
^^^
Do you subscribe or read any of their periodicals or website? What is the bias? (I'm pretty involved and a big supported, and the only bias that I see is against human rights violations) explain further please...
The bias is in thier articles, when reporting on war-related issues, thier facts may be correct but the way they present them is in many cases very one-sided. You will find that in any of thier articles they are very anti-military and anti-war and frequently protest the actions of US government in particular. Although they may be a legitimate source they are still one-sided.

Take the Israel - Palestine conflict for example, Amnesty International frequently reports on Palestinian deaths caused by the Israeli security forces, but never reports on the Israeli deaths caused by Palestinian groups.

Although I support their stand on many of the issues, recognize, realize they are pretty one-sided in the way they present information.

By the way there is no such thing as unbiased reporting or media. As soon as a person gets hold of information and then reproduces it and presents it to the public, it is biased.