your defintion of "terrorist"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
another thread in here over oil spills sparked an interesting convo between 206 and i. what are your views on the term "terrorist", who or what groups do you think it applies to? does a terrorist act have to include violence to cause "terror" amongst people? wheat other acts out there being caused do you consider being "terrorist" related?

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Right, the topic only reads "your 'defintion' of "terrorist."

But hey who gives a FUCK right?

Well here is how Wikipedia defines it, I'm sure you dont agree with any of that shit either right?

Terrorism is, in the most general sense, the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] At present, the International community has been unable to formulate a universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal, and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war. The history of terrorist organizations suggests that they do not select terrorism for its political effectiveness.[4] Individual terrorists tend to be motivated more by a desire for social solidarity with other members of their organization than by political platforms or strategic objectives, which are often murky and undefined.[4]

The word "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged,[5] and this greatly compounds the difficulty of providing a precise definition. Studies have found over 100 definitions of “terrorism”.[6][7] The concept of terrorism may itself be controversial as it is often used by state authorities to delegitimize political or other opponents,[8] and potentially legitimize the state's own use of armed force against opponents (such use of force may itself be described as "terror" by opponents of the state.).[8][9] A less politically and emotionally charged, and more easily definable, term is violent non-state actor[10] (though the semantic scope of this term includes not only "terrorists," while excluding some individuals or groups who have previously been described as "terrorists").[citation needed]

Terrorism has been practiced by a broad array of political organizations for furthering their objectives. It has been practiced by both right-wing and left-wing political parties, nationalistic groups, religious groups, revolutionaries, and ruling governments.[11] One form is the use of violence against noncombatants for the purpose of gaining publicity for a group, cause, or individual.[12]

May 9, 2002
Right, the topic only reads "your 'defintion' of "terrorist."
That doesnt mean its RIGHT.

But hey who gives a FUCK right?
Obviously you do, as you responded to the thread.

Well here is how Wikipedia defines it, I'm sure you dont agree with any of that shit either right?
That depends on how much validity one puts into Wikipedia. Not sure if you are trying to help your argument or defeat it.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
That doesnt mean its RIGHT.

Obviously you do, as you responded to the thread.

That depends on how much validity one puts into Wikipedia. Not sure if you are trying to help your argument or defeat it.
Well personal definition is up to you man.... What I stated is all philosophical consensus.

You have clearly taken a side and well, I cant prove your wrong and you cant prove I'm right.

Mar 4, 2007
i wrote a paper about this. it had to be a compare and contrast paper, so i compared any army with 'terrorists' and concluded based on many different definitions that they are the same exact thing. haha.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
i wrote a paper about this. it had to be a compare and contrast paper, so i compared any army with 'terrorists' and concluded based on many different definitions that they are the same exact thing. haha.
I find it hard to believe you wrote a paper on this subject. Islam is my field of study personally. If you did [which I highly doubt] it was some community college partisan nonsense.

Once again I dont fucking care about a small sample and the consensus associated.

I love this forum for a reason, it represents a militant POV.

I keep tabs dude, this is a militant site politically.

Apr 21, 2010
I find it hard to believe you wrote a paper on this subject. Islam is my field of study personally. If you did [which I highly doubt] it was some community college partisan nonsense.

Once again I dont fucking care about a small sample and the consensus associated.

Sufism?

Dec 2, 2006

Just shut the fuck up. You are studying Islam? LOL!

I know the type and it all makes sense now. I have been around a few confused individuals that took up Islam as there religion.

What would make you think she did not write a paper on this subject? Do you have some telepathic powers or what?

Mar 4, 2007

I'm a fucking anarchist, you jockstrap.

Apr 18, 2005
^that's usually how it goes, 1 person will think they have the "magic" answer while another person tries to thoughtfully describe their illusion or idea of "terrorist" honestly & gets turned down by someone else. You wont get a FREE open discussion, you'll get someone that thinks differently than you or for whatever case, discredit YOUR vision as though they have "THE" answer & the whole thread goes to shits (like this). when what's so funny is the word has been marketed in such a way, it makes you THINK that there's even such a word because theyve simply promoted it. But if youve really analyzed the term, it can be used for anyone & I'm pretty sure we've all heard the "YOUR A TERRORIST!" jokes being made by dumb downed folks or maybe our own selfs have said it thinking it's just a joke when what have we really put in our minds??. When in reality, what was "terrorism" before 9/11? The media outlets have done a fantastic job drilling TERRORISTS in our heads to where, we (as the masses) think ANYONE and EVERYONE could be terrorists! The trends have gone from thinking anyone with a turban on & from middle east descent could be a potential threat, to christian "militias" and people that are considered "anti-government" because they arent patriotic like "AMERICA:FUCK YEAH!", exactly as they had wished. I know someone will say I'm wrong, and I can careless because I've analyzed this pretty thoroughly for myself to conclude it to my understanding, the word "terrorist" has become a tree like symbol that once rooted from 9'11s "its the TERRORIST TERRORIST!" 324027849274502957025724x's a day into what it is today. We now no longer just have men hiding in caves planning our death *supposedly* but now their saying we have HOMELAND terrorists (NYC plot bombing, etc) which focuses the word back here into home. What a joke modern day has become.

to sum it all up, when chaos breaks out here, much like bangkok or greece right now, where do you think that "terrorist" name will be used and to whom??

Dec 25, 2003
What a shocking fuck conclusion!

Im not going to imply in any way that you are one of those people who say basic ass shit and act like they have just perfected cold fusion power, or that you very frequently surprise yourself with the ability to take cliched college kid views and repeat them> Not at all.

But I do agree with you.

Especially in the case of the US, a terrorist is someone who commits low-budget acts of murder on international soil.The US army is the Oscar nominated movies to the global Islamic insurgency's sundance film festival.

America = Al-Harb