Young Black Brotha Records/Khayree Appreciation Thread!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
I love how albums like dubee first album are more than songs. Each song has different parts, and the skits and freestyles in between songs are great
Ya man. That was one of the most well put together albums I have ever heard. YBB Bomb is one of my favorite songs, but there's hella dope ones on that album. The way the album flowed was almost like a mixtape. A real mixtape that is, not the bullshit people put out these days. I gotta dig that shit out right now and bump it!

Next to the Death Row stuff, YBB during the golden years is my favorite west coast rap.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Yeah, that sound that Khayree created is untouchable. You could tell he would push his artists and get them to spit their best. All songs were well thought out and when they hit them Mac Breakdowns...you was hooked.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Just wanted to sign in to this thread. Khayree is hands down my favorite producer of all time, illegal buisness? was the album that really got me into bay rap. Even 15, 20 years later that old YBB stuff still sounds proper, to me khayree had the most unique and well developed style of his time, you can always tell when its a khayree beat. And shout out to the break downs, most of which were good enough to have been their own songs and which made the beats they were on about 20 X better.

Khayree, if youre reading this, I'd sincerely like to thank you for creating a signifigant part of the music I grew up to.