You Need 2 Read This! Yeah, You!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Big C

Sicc OG
May 21, 2002
You're ALL INVITED!

To: All Independent Labels

It has come to my attention that some labels are skeptical in coming to our meeting because they feel that we won’t represent folks from the Valley, Latino’s, or anyone that isn’t from the immediate Bay Area.

Let me try to be as clear as my drained brain will allow me.

When I said I wanted to help “Bring Bay Area Rap To The Forefront” I now believe I was remised. When I solicit labels to retail that are from Sacramento, Chico, Stockton, Merced or any other city that isn’t from the immediate Bay Area, my buyers automatically classify those labels as “Bay Area” rap.

Please don’t think that is only for THE BAY AREA. That is just how retail classifies music from Northern California. I don’t even think I want to keep referring to this as a Bay Area Revitalization anymore. I am now going to refer to this as The Revitalization of Independent Music. That is a little broader and hopefully doesn’t exclude anyone.

Another thing that I was told today by a Latino label is that the focus may not be on the advancement off ALL labels because there are too may types of rap.
True! There are many types of rap. i.e. Gangster Rap, Hip-Hop, Chicano Rap, Latino Rap, Political Rap, and any kind of rap that an individual feels like making. Let’s all agree that no matter the kind of Rap, we’re ALL getting a BAD WRAP!

I’m not in this for any 1 style of rap. I want to see everyone bubble and take it to the next level because WE CAME TOGETHER AND DID THE DAMN THING!

I want to open up Billboard magazine and see ads in there with our titles. I want to open up Rolling Stone and see that the writers in there want to know why the sudden explosion of Independent music coming from our region.

It’s not going to be easy or cheap. Some of you already feel that there will be favoritism or bias. I can’t speak for everyone that will be involved in the day to day ops, but I cannot betray any of you. I have to look at myself in the mirror. I have to see you at the car shows. I have to see you at the concerts. I have to make my living off of the sales of your CD’s. I have too much to lose if my name were to be dragged through the mud. A couple of extra dollars isn’t worth the respect I’ve earned in this industry.

So let me recap:
This is for any label that wants to put out QUALITY product.
This is for the hungry.
This is for the guy (or gal) that wants to make an impact on the entertainment community.
This is for the advancement of US!

So please don’t entertain the idea of not coming out.

This is open to ANYONE with a dream of being a part of something HUGE, honest and constructive!

Cuda

May 21, 2002
*C*Kae/Done deal.
LMD1510/Hit me @ 602.696.3435 I want to go over a few things w/you. Call me after 6p.
B/I need to talk to you too. Impo/tant.

Cuda

May 21, 2002
EXXO/That would be nice for you to be there. If you have the time jot down some questions that you may have and/or suggestions.

Peace,
C