Yomo & Maulkie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
I was just bumpin' the album and I have to say, this has aged really well.

Yella's production is out of control on here.

i miss the old Ruthless sound, with the extreme panning of scratches and drum samples bouncing around in the headphones and the sick live bass on many tracks.

Lyrically, it would be a crime to lump this in with the 'gangsta rap' label, they have a lot of socially conscious shit going on here, without being preachy yet still keeping it street.

If people haven't heard this I can put it up,

mods, is it cool to put up an album if it's out of print?

STRATEGY

May 11, 2002
Yeah, Yella had some tight production on there. Yella is so underrated on the production board.

That was released when Ruthless had their little slump in sales, right before Dre left. They released a few flops in a row like Yomo & Maulkie, Jimmy-Z, & JJ Fad.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Yeah I had this on tape back in the day its a cool album.

Does anyone have anyhting by Po Broke and Lonely? They were also on Ruthless and one of the members (The Glove) went on to produce Chico and Coolwaddas first album. Im really curious to hear thier album...

May 11, 2002
Yeah I had this on tape back in the day its a cool album.

Does anyone have anyhting by Po Broke and Lonely? They were also on Ruthless and one of the members (The Glove) went on to produce Chico and Coolwaddas first album. Im really curious to hear thier album...
They never officially released a CD/LP on Ruthless. They released a 12" under Ruthless. Sued Ruthless, and released the project under MCA I believe.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

They never officially released a CD/LP on Ruthless. They released a 12" under Ruthless. Sued Ruthless, and released the project under MCA I believe.
Have you heard it Codeine?

I think Dre was involved on 2 tracks...