yall see that Jay-Z commercial?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
for Blueprint 2... I just saw it on RapCity, I got 1 question tho.

[i remembered the answer to my first question--he samples that line/beat from Dr. Dre]

But also he says something dissing rappers who working their fingers or some shit, and he does this shit with his hand that looks like that shit E-40 do. he dissin 40?

Apr 25, 2002
its true about dudes back east thinkin 40 a big clown, my patnas out there think that.

i have no idea if jay is dissin 40, i guess not if what dank sinatra said is right.

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yeah, there might be a few cats callin 40 a clown, just like cats out here callin JaRule,Jay Z,JadaKiss,DMX,Eminem,etc. clowns too. No sweat. But 40 gets major respect from cats in NewYork everytime he goes out there. Tha Lox, BustaRhymes, JayZ, WuTang and a long list of cats always tell 40 how much they dig his albums and game. Tha biggest hater is Snoop and he is from our soil out here in tha West. You would think that he would acknowledge 40, but he never does. Anyways, about networking with East coast cats, as a matter of fact, I just produced two songs for TalibKweli and E-40. So, they ALL wanna network with 40 but most are scared to approach him due to tha fact of him being a giant and all.......................Peace Mezzano. Take Care, RHYTHMX $ickWid'it Records

Apr 25, 2002
Talib Kweli & 40? that sounds HELLA tight. I'd like to see 40 network with a lot of lyrical cats, also he should make more songs like "its all bad" "family" (from the Click) "1 Luv" and all his other songs about struggle and ghetto shit, i think he could do a raw collabo with rappers like Nas, Dead Prez, The Coup, Mos Def or Kweli, Pastor Troy, shit even Bone, etc.--artists who focus on the struggle in life.

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yeah, that Talib/40 collabo turned out real nice. I think they might even get Smokey Robinson to sing tha hook. Tha other one I produced is some sped up shit. Real comedy funny ass lyrical hip hop shit. Talib spit on it, but I don't think 40 did, yet. I think Talib Kweli took that one to tha dome, but 40 might spit on it if I don't.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Smokey Robinson!?!?!? I cant wait to hear that song, you gotta post a clip up in here for us!!!!

May 29, 2002
I saw the commercial too, it sure seemed like he was talkin shit about 40 wata. I know they supposed to be cool but maybe he is mad at 40 because jayz is one of the people being accused of taking slang and e40 spoke a lot about that.

Apr 25, 2002
DankSinatra said:
Tha biggest hater is Snoop and he is from our soil out here in tha West. You would think that he would acknowledge 40, but he never does. Peace Mezzano. Take Care, RHYTHMX $ickWid'it Records
explain yoself cuz I know they collabbed in the past and the DPGz always give it up for SIC WID IT. Holla at me.

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
YoungLou: It's some shit that only Snoop and 40 knows about. It's not about tha music. It's about some bitch shit that Snoop knows exactly what I'm talkin bout. DPG is cool wid us. Daz is cool. Kurupt will always be fam. Warren G, Kokane, Dre, Butch Cassidy there ALL cool too. It's just Snoop and WackMinister that's on some booshit. Other than that, 40 ain't trippin. 40 is cool wid everybody and thought that Snoop was cool until some shit went down. He used to be way cool though...............