X-Raided never loved

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 3, 2002
I'm saying the beat sounds amateur. It's sloppy and has no definite key. The kick is an 808 bass which overlaps with the bass line. Sonically, this doesn't make sense. A pro wouldn't have made it that way. s.
I could see how that could bug you, as a beat maker/producer. I don't know much about what it takes to put together some beats, so to me as a fan it just sounds good.

For instance this beat sounds good to me (r&b ish)

I have a friend who's done music her whole life who said "that song sounds like it wasn't mixed right".
I don't know nothing about that.

The amateur feel can add to the appeal like Walkin said in the x's release date thread. I remember reading an Alchemist interview where he was saying how he does something to purposely make his beats sound a little staticky like they were being played on an old boom box. Dj quik prefers tape over digital.

Last edited:

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I could see how that could bug you, as a beat maker/producer. I don't know much about what it takes to put together some beats, so to me as a fan it just sounds good.

For instance this beat sounds good to me (r&b ish)

I have a friend who's done music her whole life who said "that song sounds like it wasn't mixed right".
I don't know nothing about that.

The amateur feel can add to the appeal like Walkin said in the x's release date thread. I remember reading an Alchemist interview where he was saying how he does something to purposely make his beats sound a little staticky like they were being played on an old boom box. Dj quik prefers tape over digital.
I got a homeboy who would say the same shit about certain beats.

Mar 5, 2007
No disrespect intended to Rich... but your beats sound outdated as well. Not saying that they're not good... Just making an observation. I think Rich is just tired of people criticizing his beats and putting them up against the beats from the Black Market era.

Personally... Just my opinion but the Black Market beats/production just sounds so much better. Maybe it's just a personal preference or my specific taste in music but the older X-Raided songs just sounded more professional and polished then the beats/production he uses today.

Maybe it had something to do with X-Raided not having control over what beats were used back then... And that's why the beats/production sounded better back then than they do today. Obviously whoever had the final word back in the day at Black Market in which beats to use for songs had a good ear because when an artist left the label their next album(s) just didn't compare the same.

I think some artists get blinded by their own "bias" of what sounds good and what doesn't... and the finished product can be lacking.

Feb 20, 2006
Never Loved......man...... I would slap the fuk out this song.. still do once in a while... the chorus after Dot Dogg.. shit....Raided rips this .. like he was hungry or somthing...one of my favorite tracks from Raided. Prolly the only Track where I know most, if not all the lyrics.

Part 2 should be in the makiing., someone pass the message one.

Last edited:

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
I find myself listening a lot to the bootleg (Deadly Game), which is similar to Nefarious/Speak of the Devil. Some other tracks not mentioned... My two 9's, Check Your Bitch, Relentless (Sac Kingz compilation)

Sometimes a simple beat will suffice and be good enough. Other times you can overdo it and fuck the whole thing. A lot of the 90's beats sound rather simple in nature, but half the time that is all you need really. Basically a beat/melody that thumps. Look at that Meyhem Lauren track posted few days ago over on the Hip-Hop central section. One might say it was made in the 90's by the sound of it, but that is irrelevant because that shit knocks regardless of the period. Which brings me to the question why West Coast artists don't do the same??

Oct 19, 2008
Unforgivin had a unique sound for the time, don't know any of the producers. You folks know if any of the same producers did other sac projects around the release of the album

Mar 5, 2007
Unforgivin had a unique sound for the time, don't know any of the producers. You folks know if any of the same producers did other sac projects around the release of the album
Some New York cat named The Verbal Tek produced the Unforgiving... along with his team consisting of Dj Shareil and Raw. He came out to the west coast late 80's... Had a hiphop show on some radio station out here in Cali.

Anyways peep this video from The Verbal Tek... At about the 12 minute mark in the video is where he discuses his involvement in producing X-Raided's The Unforgiving album. Gives a pretty interesting perspective on the situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu4oHEzKHD0

Last edited: