WTF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
I know this is in Petaluma but what the fuck?????

Red shirts spark attacks
By PAUL PAYNE
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Two Petaluma store employees and a shopping center customer were beaten by reputed gang members, apparently for wearing red clothing, police said Tuesday.

The attacks happened near the Staples office supply store on South McDowell Boulevard, where two workers and another person were assaulted.

Two 17-year-olds, a boy and a girl, were later arrested.

It was the second attack in Petaluma over colors in two months. In April, a 12-year-old boy was hit on the head with a skateboard after he refused to take off a red shirt.

"It's the same thing we keep running into," said Sgt. Jim Stephenson, head of the Petaluma police gang unit. "Guys going after colors."

The three people assaulted at the Washington Square Shopping Center wore red. The Staples employees were dressed in red uniform polo shirts.

None of the victims was a gang member, police said.

The attacks occurred Friday.

In one instance, a Staples employee was standing outside the store when the suspects began yelling gang slogans and challenging him to fight, Petaluma Police Sgt. Dave Kahl said.

He started to walk into the store when they began hitting him with their fists. Another employee came to his aid and also was assaulted, Kahl said.

One victim was 18 and the other was 21.

A third victim, whose age was not available, flagged down an officer in the parking lot and said described the car driven by the suspects, Kahl said.

Police stopped the car nearby and witnesses identified the suspects, Kahl said.

Both were arrested and booked on suspicion of committing battery for gang purposes. The male suspect also was held on suspicion of drunken driving, Kahl said.

They were booked into Sonoma County Juvenile Hall.

Staples has 190 stores in California and workers clad in the company's polo shirts have been assaulted at other stores because the color is claimed by gangs, spokeswoman Amy Shanler said.

In some cases, Staples has changed the uniform to prevent further attacks, Shanler said.

She wouldn't say where the company had changed its uniform colors. It was unknown if Friday's beating in Petaluma will trigger a switch.

"We have changed the uniform before because of the gang situation," she said. "There hasn't been anything discussed as far as this situation."

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
^^^^if u walk around petaluma wearing a red shirt best believe your gonna get stopped and asked if your in a gang. So called surenos are getting scared in petaluma cause more and more people are sporting red. Blue was the only color sported around town like 2 or 3 years ago. Now there paranoid and scared that nortenos are takin over

Nov 12, 2006
I GUESS THEY FIGURE.. THEY CAN'T REALLY STEP UP TO A NORTENO SPORTING RED.. FOR THA SIMPLE FACT HE WILL FIGHT BACK.. SO WHY NOT ATTACK SOMEONE WHO AIN'T GOING TO FIGHT BACK.. WHO THEY KNOW DON'T BANG.. BUT YET DRESSES SOMEWHAT LIKE A NORTENO.. SOMEWHAT CUZ THEY HAVE TOO IT'S THA STORE COLORS.. LOL.. STUIPD KIDS.. AND I WONDER.. IF THEY REALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE PUTTING IN WORK.. LOL..

Aug 19, 2006
Huronero said:
I GUESS THEY FIGURE.. THEY CAN'T REALLY STEP UP TO A NORTENO SPORTING RED.. FOR THA SIMPLE FACT HE WILL FIGHT BACK.. SO WHY NOT ATTACK SOMEONE WHO AIN'T GOING TO FIGHT BACK.. WHO THEY KNOW DON'T BANG.. BUT YET DRESSES SOMEWHAT LIKE A NORTENO.. SOMEWHAT CUZ THEY HAVE TOO IT'S THA STORE COLORS.. LOL.. STUIPD KIDS.. AND I WONDER.. IF THEY REALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE PUTTING IN WORK.. LOL..
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THA PART WHERE THEY KNOW THEM FOOLS AINT FROM NOWHERE BUT THEY HIT UM UP ANYWAY. THEN GIVE THEMSELVES A PAT ON THA BACK LIKE YEAH WE REALLY PUT IN SOME WORK HERE.

Aug 11, 2004
KAH707KALI said:
theres gangs every where you stupid fuck. Petaluma is full of mexicans
fuck you..... petaluma is a joke ive been there

Races in Petaluma:

* White Non-Hispanic (77.0%)
* Hispanic (14.6%)
* Other race (6.1%)
* Two or more races (4.0%)
* American Indian (1.5%)
* Chinese (1.2%)
* Black (1.2%)
* Filipino (0.8%)
* Other Asian (0.5%)

since when is 15% a l=ot..... especially in a small ass town like that

Mar 3, 2006
FUCK PETALUMA-'RO$A LOC de $ANTA RO$A

Yeah, Petaluma i$ $traight up weak, tru$t me i know cuz i'm at my la$t year in the Petaluma High, but born N Raized in Ro$A. The$e $crap$ think they hard N $hit bc their$ no ENE$ & ENA$ around. NOTHING but a $crap ville up there. Anyone from petaluma know$ who I be, the crazy nortena who $till repre$ent$ and once they know you i$ a down homie they won't fuck with you. TRU$T ME NOTHING BUT FAKE $MURF$ UP IN THAT BU$TER VILLE.

FUCK LP, UMC AND ALL THEM $CRAP$ UP IN NORTE CALI

ANABEL "'RO$A LOC"