Window 7 RC?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
Anyone else gonna try this?

The official Windows 7 Release Candidate is now available for all users through Microsoft's Customer Preview program.

Officially the folks at Redmond had said the release would be available tomorrow (May 5), and while it's not May 5 anywhere in the US at the time of this writing—hey, it's May 5 somewhere.

To download Windows 7 RC, you'll need to hit up the link below, head to the bottom of the page to select which version of Windows 7 you want (32-bit or 64-bit), select your language, and then sign in with your Windows Live account (that means you'll need to get one if you don't have one already). After that, just grab yourself a cold drink and wait. So far the download is moving swiftly for me (around 450KB/s) and should be done in just over an hour and a half. Hopefully they can keep it up, but if not, remember: This download and product keys will be available through the end of June, so you've got plenty of time.

If you give it a go, let's hear how the download goes for you in the comments. Maybe Microsoft won't underestimate the web this time around.

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
what are you guys using it on? laptop vs desktop? if im running vista do i have to reinstall my drivers...etc..

May 11, 2002
i was using XP and then I upgraded to Windows 7, I didnt have to install any drivers, in fact the sound driver didnt work on XP but it does on Windows 7.

Nov 27, 2005
i'm running it on my laptop, dell inspiron 6400

runs smooth

windows 7 has a lot of drivers included

you shouldn't have to worry about driver installation

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
what about programs? i dont have my keys for office and others... should i look for them or will it just keep it...

Nov 27, 2005
well if you're doing an upgrade you should be fine

you'll only need your keys if you are doing a fresh install

worst case scenario, i can get you working keys from online

Aug 17, 2004
^- really if you just use it to surf the net and shit nothing really. I just like the interface more than XP. I wasn't getting as much malware either. Been using windows 7 for a few months now, it runs pretty smooth compared to XP 64 but I haven't really done a whole lot with it.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
I been on 7077 x64 for a few and now am on build 7100 x64 for about a week. No hiccups so far.

I'm running a E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz with 4gb ram and at idle this OS is taking around 1gb of ram lol.

The only problem I have is that I can't add WMP or iTunes toolbar to run from the task bar.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) Free Download

Microsoft is offering a free download of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC). Use Internet Explorer to download it.

This RC will expire on June 1, 2010. However, starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours, effectively making it unusable.

Note, while a release candidate is considered a more stable version than a "Beta", this software should be used with caution

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
do i have to burn the data on a disk as an iso? or can i just dl and just run it? for an upgrade from vista to win7... i want to do this on my vaio laptop and im not trying to fuck it up to bad... i just made some re-install disks so im ready to make the jump... just a little cautious

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
took the plung.... and i have to say im loving it so far... ive had it for about 9 hrs and it hasnt crashed or anything.... no problems... and it runs better... and i have aero on...