WHY????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2002
I am from TX and i have to say that i love YAY Area music i have been listening to Bay Area rap since back in 92 when N2DEEP came out with Back to the Hotel ever since then Bay Music is all i buy most of the time my collection of rap is about 85 to 90 % Bay Area. Anyway to my point one thing i would like to know is why doesnt anyone ever blow up in the Bay. There are plenty of talented artists out there coming out of every city from Sac Town to Santa Rosa to the V-Town and San Fran and all in between and around. I have noticed with some aritsts that once u leave the bay u actually get bigger examples Master P after he left Richmond he blew up big why???? Rich the Factor he got big too. And now for the newest cat which i am glad cause i am big fan of his Baby Beesh. Once he left Vallejo and came to H-Town he got a big deal. What keeps Bay Area artists down? I read in an article that E-40 did mention that the Bay Area does not support their local cats that the radio stations would much rather play 50 Cent or Ja Rule before they play a Yuk track or Mr. Kee track. I dont live there so i dont get to see what goes down there I know here they do support local artists yet they still get over shadowed by mainstream artists. We dont have big media like NY or anything yet you still hear SPM, Beesh, Gemini cats from TX which get air play. I try as best to get other people to hear Bay Area artists and they like it yet they rather go buy somethiing that is popular rather than quality. Either way is there something i am missing on why the Bay never blows up in rap music?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Go

i dont think anybody can answer that,i think everybody is thinking the same thing though.radio play is a factor but like you said those mainstream artists are always going to dominate the radio no matter where you are at anyway.i dont listen to the radio that much but the only bay track i ever hear(besides older e-40 and shit like that)is yukmouth-nothing to a boss,other than that all they play out here is the same bullshit,if i have to hear "get low" one more fuckin time...is it just me or do they play that shit evey 10 mins?
________
Hot Box Vape

Apr 26, 2002
G-MUSIC.NET
AIR PLAY................!

cats get airplay thats whats up...beesh didnt get air play in cali until he got on out in tx..know these radio stations out here play follow the leader...damn shame he had too go out there too get airplay but thats whats up.......bay area radio is gay ass fuck...

cats need too get there shit in other areas so they can get
air play and thats a damn shame you can get airplay in the place you from....
this has abeen a big problem for a while......................