Why isn't Tech N9ne on main stream?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 6, 2002
www.myspace.com
This is really confusing to me. I don't know why Tech isn't a main stream rapper. He's tight as fuck! One of my friends told me that the industry doesn't like him. Why? "The Industry is Punks" is a tight ass song, but I don't know why this guy isn't that popular. He has one of the best talents I've heard on the mic and he's original. His music flows together perfectly. Sometimes he gets me sayin' "Holy Shit" when I hear some of his music. Angellic and Absolute Power are 2 of my favorite albums. I can tell that he spends lots of time and puts pride into his music. Tech's productions are great and are put together perfectly, but I don't know why he's not that popular. Someone enlighten me please!

Apr 25, 2002
Yea no doubt Techn9ne should be on top. But so should Yukmouth, and Knum, and Mac Mall, and Quinn and Done Deal, right now we are all just waiting. I think Techn9ne is keepin it true though, hes selling 60K without radio play which means he really has an audience out there. I think what it all comes down to, is that ClearChannel RUNS the radio. MTV and BET are RUNNING the television part of rap. Both companies have the goal of promoting a FEW artists to sell LARGE amounts of units, so you only see 10 rappers getting rotation on MTV. The rest have been locked out of the game and gotta sit patiently until one of the stronger indies (Def Jam, Shady/Aftermath, etc) picks them up or until someone who shoulda left the game a long time ago does.