why hasnt from the hood blown up?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2005
Because nothing out of here ever does. This board is like a hype man for all Bay Area rappera. Everybody swears something is going to blow up. 99.9% of this shit yall keep hyping NEVER does anything. Only E-40 has done anything amongst then 50 rappers yall keep putting all your faith in. How many years will it take for yall to realize nobody out here is ever going to be big like back in the 90's when it was a possibility. It's over and done with.

Mar 4, 2006
It's ok but to me it's not that great of a song. It's not Quinn at his best and it's not Hus at his best. Jacka verse was cool but it's not one of his best moments either. I think it's overrated if anything.

Apr 12, 2004
autistic said:
It's ok but to me it's not that great of a song. It's not Quinn at his best and it's not Hus at his best. Jacka verse was cool but it's not one of his best moments either. I think it's overrated if anything.
i agree wit u bro i think trax should of picked a better song because i think its too street for this popcorn ass music world we got right now.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Doc Truth said:
Because nothing out of here ever does. This board is like a hype man for all Bay Area rappera. Everybody swears something is going to blow up. 99.9% of this shit yall keep hyping NEVER does anything. Only E-40 has done anything amongst then 50 rappers yall keep putting all your faith in. How many years will it take for yall to realize nobody out here is ever going to be big like back in the 90's when it was a possibility. It's over and done with.
I gotta start posting before you, every time I want to post a reply, you always up in the mix with the exact same opinion.

Anyway, until someone has blown up (certified Gold, became a household name), people on here should stop dick riding and blowing smoke up everyone's asses. For example: "This album is FYRE!!!! (Fire, Firrrrree, Fiiiiiiiiiiire)" or The bay about to blow up because of "insert your favorite rapper you jack off to" album bout to drop nigguhz!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
honestly, video was coo but i always thought that song was annoying. i just dont like that beat whatsoever, it seems bland and really unoriginal. its too bad cuz those 3 rappers (+ Trax) should be a slap combo.

Mar 28, 2006
autistic said:
thas real. the first 10 times i heard it I just turned it off or skipped it. Once i heard they were making a video for it i listened to it a few times and thought it was aright. The video was pretty cool even tho not much went in on it but it had a hard mob feel to it and it was real clean. The video outshined the actual song IMO even tho both were pretty bland. I thought it might have a chance to blow tho cuz it wasn't on sum stupid dumb and hyphy shit and I thought other people might like that..but nah it didnt blow

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
there is an international conspiracy against bay area rap music lol the majors just want to keep us underground so they can keep stealing our slang and our dances haha

i dont fuckin know, that song is tight but its also like a year old too

May 1, 2007
www.myspace.com
I think it all depends on what you consider "blowing up". The "From the Hood" video has done great for it being independent. It's currently on MTV Jamz, Music Choice, and a few other video programs.

As far as "blowing up" and getting a major deal, a major deal most of the times is not a great deal. How many people can you list who had major deals, and were shelved... Even major artists! Many people on majors are trying to be independent. When your on a major, sure you have money and major promotion behind you. But, you also have other people running your career and you can't be the creative artist that you started off as.

Our artist (Jacka, Traxamillion, Demolition Men) have blown up! Try looking at it in a different perspective. Right now, there are MILLIONS of people trying to do music. Everyone raps, sings, produces. Competition is FIERCE and equally watered down. Reality is that only a handful of people will get that "big break"..

Being independent, our artist are doing what they want to do, however they want to do it. They're "FREE" to be creative, and grow. Every year, they gain thousands of new fans which generate more great money. They also get national and international attention. All of our artist are definitely bigger artists then they've ever been.

Success isn't about "blowing up".. It's about accomplishments! Our artist have definitely accomplished a lot, with many more accomplishments coming..

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
most of the major rappers are frontin big time anyways. I'm sure there is a reason all these bay rappers havnt been signed after hella years of underground success. I'm pretty sure the bigger bay rappers have gotten plenty of deals offered

Jun 27, 2002
pjack said:
I think it all depends on what you consider "blowing up". The "From the Hood" video has done great for it being independent. It's currently on MTV Jamz, Music Choice, and a few other video programs.

As far as "blowing up" and getting a major deal, a major deal most of the times is not a great deal. How many people can you list who had major deals, and were shelved... Even major artists! Many people on majors are trying to be independent. When your on a major, sure you have money and major promotion behind you. But, you also have other people running your career and you can't be the creative artist that you started off as.

Our artist (Jacka, Traxamillion, Demolition Men) have blown up! Try looking at it in a different perspective. Right now, there are MILLIONS of people trying to do music. Everyone raps, sings, produces. Competition is FIERCE and equally watered down. Reality is that only a handful of people will get that "big break"..

Being independent, our artist are doing what they want to do, however they want to do it. They're "FREE" to be creative, and grow. Every year, they gain thousands of new fans which generate more great money. They also get national and international attention. All of our artist are definitely bigger artists then they've ever been.

Success isn't about "blowing up".. It's about accomplishments! Our artist have definitely accomplished a lot, with many more accomplishments coming..
What it dooski PK..This Hottsauces patna Tripp from the BET awards..Anyways mayne, they loving that shit in the south. Cats be requesting it on music choice down here mayne. That track is slappin..

TriGG

Jun 27, 2002
^^^All good homie...Just letting you know that people down here is liking that track..Tell PK & Frank I said what it dooski mayne. That's all my fam over there official entertainment...

Tripp