Why doen't anybody put their music out on vinyl anymore?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2002
Sure cds are more convenient to listen to in the car or on a discman, but records sound so much better on a good home system. Plus you get the cover art full size like it should be.....what's up with these record companies?:ermm:

Jun 13, 2002
maybe cause the cusomers wouldn't be able to play it in their car stereo. and to me the quality on CD, sounds better. and i hink it's cheaper to manufacture cd's.

May 11, 2002
They still manufacture a lot of Rap/Hip Hop on vinyl. Usually popular shit or it depends on the record company. I like to collect vinyl and I have a stack of old shit. Vinyl is tight. It just sucks that the underground artists don't release their shit on wax.

May 21, 2002
Depends what kind of rap you listen to as to how its pressed and manufactured, even on the underground.

A lot of traditional East Coast underground acts only release shit on vinyl, for the DJ's to spin with and vinyl junkies to buy.

Gangsta rap is made for the trunk

Major label acts often also get a vinyl pressing for clubs and DJS.

More consumers on a whole buy cds, its is cheaper to manufacture...

Although there is more depth of frequency on vinyl it seems only for the purists.

I have a shit load of old hip hop wax going back to 82, then from bout 95 to now its mostly cds.

C

CinFul-1

RBL Posse has vinyl for hostile takeover, There still is a grip of shit on vinyl,

2g4u

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
the fact is that all my bay shit on vinyl is more than 5 years old
can't find new shit on vinyl ,whereas it's vinyl that make underground music spread specialy rap........