Who has Money to buy or build a radio station..raise your hands..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
i think what we really need is our own radio station...kinda liek kmel in the early nineties.......i know we got hella ballers in the bay..will someone invest they shit on soemthing good and productive like a radio station...
please :classic:

Apr 25, 2002
i've also though about this because the 2 "hip hop" stations are so watered down and mainstream it makes me sick. some1 buy a station, and i'll run that bitch, stricktly bay rap all day on rotation.

Apr 25, 2002
you need ALOT OF MONEY to do that. Theres a bunch of fees and shit from the federal branch of the government that controls the airwaves, unless you did something like Pirate Radio.

Apr 25, 2002
government charging you to use the airwaves..... now that is some shady shit as long as your not using a signal to interfere with another why is there a problem

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
my boy had a little pirated station out of east menlo. Took over 94.9 in epa emp and a little bit of rwc. Only did it for a couple hours and then took it all down..

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
Billy Jam had the dopest pirate radio show ever. All Bay Area rap. What he did was do the whole show (play the music, do interviews, etc...) at his house, record it and ship copies off to numerous pirate radio stations across the country that he was networkin' with. Then the operators of the pirate stations would play the show over their station. At one point Billy's all Bay Area hip hop radio show was being broadcast on like 11 stations from the West to the East.

Mark is right. Radio is a lot more complicated than people think. You can't just call the FCC with a shit load of money and buy a spot on the dial.

He's also right about Pirate Radio. It's very hard to reach a large amount of people because the broadcast radius is so small.

Doxx

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
illmannered666's rightness regarding my rightness about Mark's rightness is right on. Righteous.

Also, here's a link to some good pirate radio shit:

http://www.freeradio.org/

You can buy kits to put together your own pirate station and it's also got a bunch of legal stuff to read about the pirate radio movement.

Doxx

Oct 8, 2002
BUT THATS TIGHT I WISH SOMEONE HAD THE AMBITION TO PIRATE SOME REAL RAP UP HERE IN THE NW, IM SO FUCCIN SICC OF LISTENING TO THAT FAT ASS BITCH MISSY RAPPING BACCWARDS IN A SONG THAT TOOK NO LYRICAL SKILL TO WRITE, OR SOME LIL FAGGOT LIKE FABOLOUS OR CAM'RON. MAN FUCC THAT SHIT, WE NEED SOMETHING THATS WORTH KNOCCIN IN THE CAR...

Apr 25, 2002
Doxx said:
What he did was do the whole show (play the music, do interviews, etc...) at his house, record it and ship copies off to numerous pirate radio stations across the country that he was networkin' with. Then the operators of the pirate stations would play the show over their station.
That is one SLICK ass idea . . . DAMN someone should do it again

I wonder what the offense is for getting busted w/ a pirate radio station

Apr 25, 2002
Billy Jam was the mothafuckin man...

HIP HOP SLAM aka FUCK THE BULLSHIT tapes were sellin so much...

they sold out in two days usually...

billy jam is one of the coolest mothafuckas you will ever meet...and if you're smart and an up-and-comer you will holla at Billy and kiss a lil ass lol