Who do u listen to and why?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 12, 2005
Noticed I asked who yall listen to not whos albums u buy. Yall is some downloading m$#$%#ers! But really whos your favorite Independent out of the different areas of the Bay? Im feelin FAB out of Oakland, Ya Boy out of SF, Automatic out of SJ

Jan 5, 2006
i listen to all kinds of shit from that go dumb music to gangsta rap......ima have to say diggs and dubee outta vallejo and federation outta FF Woodie outta antioch pretty much all the bay if it aint bay i aint fuckin wit it

Meelo

Sicc OG
May 31, 2005
i listen to THE JACKA...and this is why...

BallerStatus.net: The West Coast has been on the rise as of late; what's your thoughts on that?

The Jacka: I've been hearing that we are on the rise, but it's hard for me to tell. We don't have any bragging rights or room to talk right now. The Game has been doing his thing, but that's far from enough.

BallerStatus.net: You have an impressive resume as far as whom you've been featured with. Why do you think it is respected Cali vetertans such as C-Bo and Too Short have called you for verses?

The Jacka: I've worked with Yukmouth, Cormega and a lot of other well respected names in the game. People get to do verses on their projects because they know we will make some dope sh-- as well as to get the respect of the streets.

BallerStatus.net: You have an album in stores right now called The Jack Artist. What's the story behind the name?

The Jacka: It sounds like rap artist, but I'm the Jacka, so I called it The Jack Artist.

BallerStatus.net: Who is featured on The Jack Artist and who produced your tracks?

The Jacka: For features, I got Cormega, Yukmouth, Keak da Sneak, the Mob Figaz. Dub 20, Lil' Ric, Ampacino (from the Regime) and my young *****s: J Stalin & Akata (from the Fendi Boyz) are on there too. As far as production goes, RobLo produced the whole album except one track, which was produced by Maki. Them two are our in-house producers and they go by Blahk Operah Muzic.

BallerStatus.net: What would you say it is that separates you from others rapping in the West?

The Jacka: Not only from other rappers from the West Coast, but from all over the country. I don't go with the flow; I just try to come up with my own way of doing sh--. That way I don't sound like anyone else nor am I doing what anyone else is doing. I have a unique sound that me and RobLo have been working on for years.

BallerStatus.net: What are your favorite tracks on the album? Why?

The Jacka: Right now, "Never Equal," cause it's not no bullsh--. It's real hip-hop. F--- the club and the radio; it's for the people.

BallerStatus.net: Mob Figaz and C-Bo have a lot of history. How did you two hook up?

The Jacka: Before we were the Mob Figaz, all of us lived in Pittsburg, California and we all rapped -- me, Fedx, Husalah, Rydah, and AP-9, plus some more artists like Freako. We all rapped and recorded songs with RobLo. Me and Fedx had a few songs out in stores on some compilations, but for the most part, we were just recording songs and letting them leak into the streets. They were getting dubbed and passed around the area, so word about us was getting around. Some people over at AWOL got word of us and they found us at this record store we used to have out here. C-Bo came and got us and put us together as a group. We came up with the name Mob Figaz and it's been treal ever since.

BallerStatus.net: There's definitely a sentiment when it comes to coastal separation; East Coast works with East, South with South, etc. You, on the other hand, have worked with Yukmouth and Cormega. How important do you think it is that the scene gets mixed in together?

The Jacka: It's huge. F---ing with artists from other areas and mixing yourself into other scenes makes it possible for you to sell records and get heard in other areas without kissing nobody's ass. Radio DJ's, club DJ's, mixtape DJ's...you don't need to worry about being cool with them 'cause by messing with the artists, you will get heard and known in those areas and the DJ's will come looking for you. I think it's weak when you have to force the DJ's to play your sh--, and gotta go out your way to be cool with them so they give you a fair chance. I'm not into that.

BallerStatus.net: What other projects do you have in stores?

The Jacka: I've been working hard. Got a few things in stores. Of course my solo album, The Jack Artist, is in stores and I put out a mixtape before I dropped my album. That was a limited edition CD, so it will be hard to find in stores, but there are a few still floating around out there.

I also got an album with Husalah and Marvaless called 3 Da Hardway in stores. That's straight slap. I did a little side project with Lil Keke from Texas -- we got a project in stores called Slums. But, the main project that I have besides my album that I'm pushing right now is a mixtape I got with Husalah. Me and him are hosting it and it is presented and mixed by the Demolition Men. They are some hustling ass DJ's that rep the Bay. The mixtape is called Animal Planet and has 34 tracks. It's a mixtape cause of its format not cause of the content. We got ALL NEW songs on there and almost ALL ORIGINAL beats; the CD is just mixed and blended together like a mixtape. We got a few features on it too...Keak, Mistah FAB, Lil' Ric, AP9, Rydah, Fedx, Pretty Black, Cellski, Bavgate and J Stalin.

BallerStatus.net: Do you have any videos shot for tracks off The Jack Artist?

The Jacka: So far I have one for the song "Barney (More Crime)." The video is dope. My boy Jordan Tower flew out from NY to shoot it. We got footage in a few of the notorious hoods in the Bay -- Hunter's Point, Filmore, West Oakland, Crestside (Vallejo), and Pittsburg. I like having real sh-- in my videos and doing things other artists would or could not do. The video has been getting a really good response. Everyone I know likes it and it's been getting play on video shows all around the country (Oakland, Portland, Seattle, Alabama, New York, Boston, the whole Bay Area, Atlanta, Florida, and some more spots). People can check it out on my website or on my Myspace page. Hopefully it will make BET "Uncut" soon.

BallerStatus.net: What else can we catch the Jacka doing in the future?

The Jacka: Everything. I'm working on a few projects right now and a compilation as well as another solo album. We are about to start working on a new Mob Figaz project with C-Bo...and soon I'm really gonna start focusing on putting other n----s on. I've been doing the mixtape thing a lot lately...that's going cool, so expect to see me on a lot of mixtapes soon. I'm also really interested in acting and directing. We have always wanted to get into it, but I have been patiently waiting. I think soon we will have to put all our ideas down and shoot a movie.

he a real nigga.

Dec 19, 2005
MISTAH FAB OUT OF AOKLAND....J-DIGGS OUT VALLEJO.....THE FEDERATIONN OUT THE FLATS INCLUDING THAT DUDE TAJ-HE-SPITZ...MESSY MARV AND DRE DOG OUT THE CITY...AND JUS HELLA OTHER RAPPERS THAT IS SPREAD OUT IN THE BAY......

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
when it comes to artists city to city worth mentioning id have to say Jacka is the hardest from pittsburg, federation and kinsmoke do the best hyphy dance tunes not just in fairfield but the whole world, yukmouth puts it down for the town, and messy marv is coming the hardest out of san francisco. When it comes down to v-town turf talk is the leader when it comes to the young generation. yeah

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
gotta go wit tha jacka he's my favorite in tha bay right now he's not rappin about tha usual hyphy thizzin shit also i gotta add san quinn and messy marv and all tha rest of them frisco cats kuz they puttin it down hard but i still love that hyphy club type shit like dem hoodstarz,team,fab,keak,feds