Who cuts their own hair, lines themselves up

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2002
For those of you that take care of your own hair, I wanted to know what you guys are using.

For me, I just Wahl Clippers to do the fade and trim the top. then I use an Andis-Toutliner for the lineup

which ones better andis,wahl,oster. I know a few barbers who prefer oster clippers but like the andis liners. lemme know wuts up

and if any of you guys are wondering about the andis cordless t-outliner, lemme tell you that its not worth (more expensive, less power, low battery life) just go corded.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
My homeboy uses the Oster shit. I don't know much about it though, but he knows what he's doing so I trust that.

Sep 12, 2002
Don't know the clippers brand, but I put on a 1 and go to town.
lol thats how i was when i first tried to cut my own hair.

thing is, tho as soon as i upgraded from the no namers to wahl i noticed i needed less passes over the hair.

i been meaning to try out oster. but oster clippers run 200 bucks where a wahl costs like 70.

Jan 1, 2006
I use conairs. I know I need to upgrade. Everyone says Andi's are the best.

But yea I've been cutting my hair since high school. Line-Ups I've just started doing but it's easier using a straight edge to get those straight lines.

Sep 12, 2002
is the flowbee the one that sucks up your hair then cuts it?

yea lining up your self is tough, especially when u get the close cutting t-liners. one wrong move and blappp...u gots a zigzag lol...but get the hang of it, and youll never go back, i hate havin that look of a old line up after a few days . stay fresh

Dec 9, 2005
I use an Andis Master clipper...its pretty good for fades, tapers and what not. I think it would be hella hard to fade or taper yourself up...but I know folks who do it. The Oster Classic 76 is a great clipper too...but the blades/guards are all detachable...and run about $30 a pop. You have to buy each one seperately.

Sep 12, 2002
theres times i get lazy and do go to the barber. for close line ups, the best thing ive seen to date aside from the t-liners and regular razors is the single blade precision razor on the gillette fusion razor. its got 5 blades for reg shaving, and a single blade angled in the best way for precision line ups.

Jun 28, 2002
I gets mine done for free at Omega out in Modesto. Once a week. I wish I could line my own shit up but I ended up fucking it up every time.
i used to fuck wit omegas when this big ass puerto rican dood named junior from chicago worked there but dood moved back to chicago i think,homeboy got got down tight as fuck on fades and could line my shit up like no other but the barbers there now are coo but i been fuckin wit Talk of the talk for a min now. the homeboy there named alfredo fades my shit up hella clean.

Dec 9, 2005
theres times i get lazy and do go to the barber. for close line ups, the best thing ive seen to date aside from the t-liners and regular razors is the single blade precision razor on the gillette fusion razor. its got 5 blades for reg shaving, and a single blade angled in the best way for precision line ups.

True that...I use the single to clean up the line...but I go to a barber...and just use it a few days after to keep the line crispy.

Aug 9, 2005
man invest in them 200 dollar joints from Sallys andkeep em clean your shit will be faded as intended I went through 10 pair of them 30 dollar clippers.

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
lol thats how i was when i first tried to cut my own hair.

thing is, tho as soon as i upgraded from the no namers to wahl i noticed i needed less passes over the hair.

i been meaning to try out oster. but oster clippers run 200 bucks where a wahl costs like 70.
Hmm....how much would these "wahls" you speak of normally cost?