White people needed a fight sport, so they invented MMA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
then it's probably true. And I seriously doubt it has nothing to do with Mayweather being on the exact same night, it's business and dana is a business man. He probably thinks Mayweather will steal some of the thunder, so he offers 103 for free.

That actually makes it easier to buy the Mayweather PPV, imo. You can flip back and forth between Mayweather and UFC (if you like to watch both). Watch UFC during the undercard, then flip to the main event mayweather-jmm.
yea it would make it easiers ufc under cards for the most part have big names on there undercards

May 17, 2004
I don't know where you guys are hearing that 103 will be free. I haven't read a single report about that and the UFC website has had it listed as a ppv event for a minute.

Also when did Dana say 100 was lame? 100 was a huge success.
yeah i havent heard anything about 103 being free. the one in machester in november (104) is the one that bisping will most likely headline and be free on spike.

103 has a good lineup already

Feb 28, 2006
nobody watched "How Bruce Lee Changed the World"? if anything, Bruce Lee took MMA to the next level.

in some sense, i do agree with Mayweather on how white folks did invent alot of sports but got dominated by other races. UFC is slowly turning like that.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
if any of the top ten mma fighters were to meet mayweather in the streets it would be a wrap for mayweather hands down. if you had to follow the rules of boxing, yeah of course he'd probably win, but as an overall fighter he would get crippled.

Jan 2, 2004
I think boxers as a whole would have a much easier time transitioning into mma on an elite level as opposed to the opposite way around. Their speed and technique is a lot better..

Dec 9, 2005
With the hands of course...but even your basic boxing stance when used in MMA rules puts your lead leg right in the line of fire.

In boxing, ideally you want to make your upper body as small of a target as possible...whereas in MMA/Muay Thai you have to square up a lot more, in order to defend yourself against kicks, and takedown attempts.

I think wrestlers make the easiest transition into MMA, because they usually don't have a very difficult time learning BJJ basics, and striking...IMO, is probably the least difficult part of the game to learn, being that a lot of it is instinctive.