White Fem. Rap Artist

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

STeP

Sicc OG
Jul 4, 2003
Wassup

Im a white female rap artist trying to come up. Im doing my demo by the end of July or beginning of August. I have to go to HitWorks studio in Sac-Town (Sacramento) to do it. I also will have a bio ready and everything. I hear that A&R reps want some kind of "video tape" of you, you know, just showing yourself and showing the nieghborhood and all that. So that they can get kind of a glance of what you'd look like on stage or somethin. Is that true?

White Female Artists---

I think if your good enough and got tha talent then u can come up in the game. I dont think it should matter what color you are. Some people think it's a joke, some people think it could work. But if you have to sit there and discriminate on white female's rap music, then you must not be a true lover of hip hop if you can't even respect others musical talent...JUST because of who they are or what they look like. I think you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I respect every artist, even if I don't like their music.

What do you think about me comin up as a female white rap artist?

Apr 25, 2002
STeP said:
I hear that A&R reps want some kind of "video tape" of you, you know, just showing yourself and showing the nieghborhood and all that. So that they can get kind of a glance of what you'd look like on stage or somethin. Is that true?
A&R reps don't give a fuck about your neighborhood or home-videos. Whoever told you that shouldn't be giving out advice about the music business because they don't know what they're talking about. You should however have video tape of you performing infront of an audience. This is so they can see how well you can control the crowd and how the crowd responds to you. Whether you have any stage presence or not. They need to know if you can perform for an audience, not where the closest McDonalds to your house is.

White Female Artists---

I think if your good enough and got tha talent then u can come up in the game. I dont think it should matter what color you are. Some people think it's a joke, some people think it could work. But if you have to sit there and discriminate on white female's rap music, then you must not be a true lover of hip hop if you can't even respect others musical talent...JUST because of who they are or what they look like. I think you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I respect every artist, even if I don't like their music.

What do you think about me comin up as a female white rap artist?
The music business isn't about talent, it's far bigger than that. Now more then ever with recording artists crossing over into other areas of entertainment, advertising, etc. These days it's more like "neat, you're a rapper....amazing, now what else can you do?" 'Coming up in the game' is about making good *business* decisions and marketing yourself. People really want to believe they can rely on their "talent". For that .01% of them who actually have that, maybe they can. And for the other 99.99%, they have to use a more realistic approach. Bill Gates isn't who he is today because he is some super-talented computer programmer. He designed his success from the ground up.

You don't get to set the guidelines for who are "true lovers of hip hop" and who arn't. Are you going to tell a mexican that he isn't a real mexican if he doesn't like refried beans or guacamole? Of course not and what you're saying is no different. You want to win an audience over, not criticize them for having different preferences in music. People have the right to discriminate against whatever they don't like. That's that and nobody wants to listen to someone complain about it. Remember, nobody OWES you anything, including any respect. Nobody HAS TO respect your music but you DO have to respect their opinions about it because success in this business means embracing the good AND the bad (as you see it).

The market for female rap is almost non-existant. I don't think there is any market at all for white female rap but do everything in your ability to prove me wrong. If you can convince me, you can convince anyone. You want to supply a product that have no demand so you're going to have to create the demand. To do that you're going to have to overcome enormous obstacles and do something that has never been done before. It's up to you whether or not you can but either way, the journey is all uphill and if you do 'make it' then it will definately be because you worked your ass off and earned it.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Re: Re: White Fem. Rap Artist

Sick Wid It said:
A&R reps don't give a fuck about your neighborhood or home-videos. Whoever told you that shouldn't be giving out advice about the music business because they don't know what they're talking about. You should however have video tape of you performing infront of an audience. This is so they can see how well you can control the crowd and how the crowd responds to you. Whether you have any stage presence or not. They need to know if you can perform for an audience, not where the closest McDonalds to your house is.

The music business isn't about talent, it's far bigger than that. Now more then ever with recording artists crossing over into other areas of entertainment, advertising, etc. These days it's more like "neat, you're a rapper....amazing, now what else can you do?" 'Coming up in the game' is about making good *business* decisions and marketing yourself. People really want to believe they can rely on their "talent". For that .01% of them who actually have that, maybe they can. And for the other 99.99%, they have to use a more realistic approach. Bill Gates isn't who he is today because he is some super-talented computer programmer. He designed his success from the ground up.

You don't get to set the guidelines for who are "true lovers of hip hop" and who arn't. Are you going to tell a mexican that he isn't a real mexican if he doesn't like refried beans or guacamole? Of course not and what you're saying is no different. You want to win an audience over, not criticize them for having different preferences in music. People have the right to discriminate against whatever they don't like. That's that and nobody wants to listen to someone complain about it. Remember, nobody OWES you anything, including any respect. Nobody HAS TO respect your music but you DO have to respect their opinions about it because success in this business means embracing the good AND the bad (as you see it).

The market for female rap is almost non-existant. I don't think there is any market at all for white female rap but do everything in your ability to prove me wrong. If you can convince me, you can convince anyone. You want to supply a product that have no demand so you're going to have to create the demand. To do that you're going to have to overcome enormous obstacles and do something that has never been done before. It's up to you whether or not you can but either way, the journey is all uphill and if you do 'make it' then it will definately be because you worked your ass off and earned it.
Well put bro.

STeP

Sicc OG
Jul 4, 2003
That's very true. I completely respect ur opinion. Well, thanks for all tha advice. I'll make it.

-one-

May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
VizionX1 said:
Krayzie Bone's sister is white (this is not a joke). And she's a rap artist, not very big at the moment, but she has some cuts out. She's not bad if your into demonized-horrorcore

LOL, yup..i used to promote tapes for her(gatekeeper) and watchdog..i just got bacc incontact wit em so i need to holla..did u ever like that wargodz?

May 13, 2002
THERES A MARKET FOR IT YOU JUST GOTTA HAVE GOOD PRODUCTION AND BE ABLE TO RELATE TO TO YOUR LISTENERS
DONT GIVE UP IT CAN BE DONE, I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE STILL SEE THIS AS A BLACK MARKET WHEN THATS NOT THE CASE YOU GOT MORE WHITE AND MEXICAN ARTIST PUTIN OUT WAY MORE CDS THAN BLACKS IN THE BAY AREA

Jun 20, 2003
www.vicsmind.com
thats a good point kev about not givin up and about making the music, I havent been to the bay area in a while, so I dont know about the white and mexican artists... all i know is that im a mexican / native american rap artist my self, check out my music :)

http://viz.dmusic.com

STeP

Sicc OG
Jul 4, 2003
thanks kev ski

yea, i aint gunna give up. this is what i NEED to do with my life. thank you for your support. lol

-one-

STeP

Sicc OG
Jul 4, 2003
YOUNG MOE and BIG J

young moe

i noe, thats y i wuz sayin...

u g2 ask yourself, if i wudnt b gettin money at this, then would i still be rappin? by answers...yes.

big j...

yea i wish u cud hear some material of mine, too...but i dont got no audio. im makin my demo in august.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i saw a white female rapper on CNN the other night. i saw it when i was in the airport in arizona (catching my connecting flight back home). this was ughhhhhhhh let me think...tuesday! i forgot her name but she had a tight voice and nice melodies but the RAP portion of her music sucked big time. her music (beats/production) sounded techno/electronica. not my cup of tea but she was on tv. just something to ponder.

:H:

W6C

May 19, 2002
Yeah there's a number of white female rappers out there... none of them have had any mainstream success though. I've seen a few doing the horrorcore thing, including Hysteria, who used to be down with Sol who was in the group House Of Krayzees with the members of Twizted. She's tight. There's also Zagg outta sacramento, she's with Siccmade. There was also some girl trying to come out... I don't remember her name but she tried to market herself as "feminem"... wack!

Anyway, good luck to you. I would like to hear your shit when it get's done. Is STeP your rap name?

P.S. VisionX1 - I saw an add for "Presence Of Darkness" in Murder Dog Magazine a couple years ago, with the Bulldog and the Gatekeeper. I didn't know she was Krayzie's sister though. How exactly are they related, and is there a website where I can hear her shit?

STeP

Sicc OG
Jul 4, 2003
fuck that shit. my shits rap man, fuck techno. thx 4 tha love tho

im lookin foward to gettin my shit out there

and yes, STeP's my rap name.